1.10 | Making Memories

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

"I think you're exaggerating about that, Bifur," Maristela told the Dwarf, since travelling with the Company she had been learning more Dwarvish then she knew prior. The Dwarves were more than happy to teach both Maristela and Bilbo their language, but of course, Thorin had to correct his nephews when they tried teaching Bilbo the wrong words or pronunciation. And right now, Bifur was telling Maristela about the time he fought a large troll bigger than the ones they encountered on his own and survived. She noticed that Bofur and Bombur were rolling their eyes at their cousin but let him go due to the Elleth's amused smile.

"Oh yes, Bifur is telling you all about his time as a true warrior, huh?" Fili asked as he walked up to Maristela who was watching Bifur get pulled away by Gloin and Nori. "Oh yes, he's very impressive," Maristela replied with a grin making Fili laugh. "More impressive then me?" Fili asked with a smirk. "Oh, much more impressive," Maristela commented before speaking in Elvish, "Though you are impressive." Fíli looked up at Maristela with furrowed brows, he didn't know Elvish so he had no idea what she had just said but he could hear her soft voice speak Sindirin anyday.

The Company slowed to a stop and began to set up camp for the night, they were safe from the Pale Orc thanks to Maristela killing the White Warg and the Eagles taking out Azog's Warg Riders. Maristela made herself comfortable against the trunk of a tree, it was moments like this that she missed Attica but felt at peace knowing he was currently in Rivendell safe and sound. Maristela closed her eyes as she began singing a soft Elven tune that her mother once sang to her as a child, Gandalf perked up hearing the song of the sea and smiled while the others listened to the melody that was softer than music of their culture.

Hush now, mo stóirín
Close your eyes and sleep
Waltzing the waves
Diving in the deep
Stars are shining bright
The wind is on the rise
Whispering words
Of long lost lullabies
Oh won't you come with me
Where the moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing
Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea
I had a dream last night
And heard the sweetest sound
I saw a great white light
And dancers in the round
Castles in the sand
Cradles in the trees
Don't cry, I'll see you by and by
Oh won't you come with me
Where the moon is made of gold
And in the morning sun
We'll be sailing
Oh won't you come with me
Where the ocean meets the sky
And as the clouds roll by
We'll sing the song of the sea

"That was beautiful lass," Dwalin spoke, his usual rough tone was gentle as he sat with his eyes closed thinking of The Lonely Mountain and what its beauty will be once they reclaim it. "What does it mean?" Ori asked from where he sat with eyes wide in child-like wonder. "The song has many meanings for different people but for me, it's about enjoying the beauty of the world and freedom from the shadows," Maristela expressed with a fond smile, "And about sailing the seas under the delicate moonlight without any worries or fears of what may come alongside those who matter most."