6.5 | War In Minas Tirith

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

The attack on Minas Tirith had begun and the Steward, Denethor was useless upon the presence of his youngest son's body. Gandalf takes charge as he mounts Shadowfax and climbs upon the wall, out in the distance stands Sauron's army of Uruk-hai and more evil beings from Middle Earth however, his attention is taken by the mark of a familiar evil; The Mark of Mauldra. His heart dropped at the presence of the Orc that killed the woman he loved, the same Orc that desired the death of his daughter. He only hoped that she would not face him herself.

Gandalf rides down to rally the soldiers, "Pull them in! To the wall! Defend the wall! Return to your posts!" The soldiers return to their posts. Gandalf looks out at the opposing army, "Send these foul beasts into the abyss!" Soldiers use trebuchets to launch large rocks at the orc army. The masonry squashes some of the orcs. The orcs around Gothmog shift fearfully. The catapults and trebuchets fire at each other. Pippin runs down into the city with his fellow guardsmen. A large rock arcs out from the city towards Gothmog. Nearby orcs scramble out of the way. Gothmog sidesteps the boulder as it falls.

A troll looks on with a confused stare as Gothmog spits on the boulder. The Nazgûl shriek and fly in over the city. The Nazgûl begin to tear down the trebuchets. "Hold them back. Do not give in to fear! Stay at your posts!" Gandalf commanded the men. Trolls push the siege towers to the walls of Minas Tirith. Pippin loses his helmet. "Don't aim for the towers. Aim for the trolls. Kill the trolls! Fight them back!" Gandalf instructs the men upon the wall. Battering rams assault the main gates. Pippin arrives at the walls, looking dazed. Gandalf sees him. "Peregrin Took! Go back to the citadel! Now!" Gandalf orders the Halfling.

"They called us out to fight," Pippin replied to the White Wizard. Orcs pour out of one of the siege towers. Gandalf fights them off, "This is no place for a hobbit!" An orc moves to strike Gandalf. Pippin stabs the orc, killing it. Pippin stares at his bloodstained sword. "Guard of the Citadel indeed! Now back up the hill! Quick! Quick!" Gandalf speaks as Orcs make several failed attempts to batter down the city gates. Gondorians rain arrows down on them. "What are you doing, you useless scum?" Gothmog questioned the Orc Captain who responded, "The door won't give. It's too strong."

"Get back there and smash it down," Gothmog ordered harshly. "But nothing can breach it," The Orc Captain replied to him. More Orcs fall at the gate as Gothmog speaks, "Grond will breach it. Bring up the wolf's head." Orcs chant as a great battering ram is pulled and pushed towards the city gates. "Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond!" The Orcs chanted as Gandalf watched in fear at the sight of a large metal wolf head with fire in its jaw. "Gothmog," Mauldra spoke as he stepped up to him, "When the Starlight arrives, her head is mine." Gothmog nods in fearful acceptance to the large Orc Lord.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Meanwhile, The corsairs of Umbar sail upriver. Aragorn, Maristela, Gimli, and Legolas stand alone on the shore watching them. "You may go no further. You will not enter Gondor," Aragorn told them with his sword in hand. "Who are you to deny us passage?" Corsair asked with a sneer. "Legolas, fire a warning shot past the bosun's ear," Aragorn instructed the Elf however, as he prepares to fire, Gimli speaks, "Mind your aim!" As he fires, Gimli nudges Legolas' bow, causing the arrow to hit a pirate square in the chest. "Gimli," Maristela muttered as Legolas glared at him.