2.7 | Laketown

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

BARD SENT MARISTELA AHEAD WHEN HIS SON, BAIN, HAD WARNED THEM that the house was being watched, they needed a plan to get the Dwarves and Bilbo into the home without being seen. When Maristela reached the house, she opened the door and smiled at Tilda and Sigrid who both rushed to hug her, though the impact sent a wave of pain through her body, but she ignored it for the girls. "It's good to see you both," Maristela told them, she leaned back to get a proper look at them, they had both gotten older since her last visit.

"You've both grown beautifully," Maristela complimented before allowing them to pull her further into the house. "We still have your clothes!" Tilda exclaimed before reaching into a bag close by, Maristela smiled seeing the clothing that would be more loose on her injury. "Thank you girls," Maristela told them before taking the clothing and stepping behind a curtain to change into the loose white tunic but she left her blue breches on, she didn't want to annoy the wound. The light clothes were less constricting on her sore body, but the sight of her injury was cause for concern.

"Da... why are there Dwarves climbing out of our toilet?" Sigrid asked loudly gaining Maristela's attention, she stepped around the curtain and smiled as Bofur approached her with a frown. "You'll dry," Maristela told him before she sat down on the couch, her leg practically thanking her for sitting down. "Will they bring us luck?" Tilda asked making Maristela laugh recieving a glare from Dwalin but it didn't stop her from laughing. The Dwarves are wrapped in blankets, and their wet things have been laid in front of the fire to dry; some of them shiver. Fíli moved to sit with Maristela, she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"How's your thigh?" Fíli asked Maristela softly, he had moved so she was leaning on his shoulder more comfortably. "It's okay at the moment," Maristela answered him while closing her eyes and snuggling closer to Fíli's warmth, the Dwarf smiling before wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her closer to him. "We're almost there," Fíli breathed out, his eyes landing on his uncle and brother. "So close," Maristela whispered before turning her head to look up at Fíli, he looked down at her with a fond smile, his free hand brushing her hair away from her face.

Fíli leaned closer to Maristela, his eyes flicking down to her lips and a shiver ran through his body at the idea of pressing his lips against hers. However, he didn't have to think to deeply about it when Maristela pressed her own lips to his, testing the waters. She knew how she felt for Fíli wasn't quite love but there was something between them and with how close they are to completing their quest, she wasn't going to miss an opportunity. Once Fíli realised that she had pressed her lips to his own, he pressed his lips harder against hers allowing her presence to overcome him. Her lips were slightly chapped but ultimately soft and pliant against his own chapped lips.

Maristela's heart was racing as she and Fíli kissed, the feeling was new yet exciting and the way he held her cheek made her shiver in pleasure. She was grateful they had sat away from the Company but didn't doubt someone had witnessed their shared moment. When Fíli pulled away, she chased his lips for a moment before opening her eyes, her gaze locking on Fíli's as his thumb brushed across her lower lip making her flush a light pink. "I wasn't expecting that," Fíli told her with a slightly raspy tone, Maristela smirked at him. "Thought it was worth a shot," Maristela replied before giving him a chaste kiss, both smiling happily.