5.4 | Mama's Boy

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

"Estel, where are you?" Maristela called softly through the halls of Rivendell. She peeked into different rooms in search of the six-year-old boy. "Come out, Estel," Maristela called out again but had no response as she opened a door to a study where Elrond's sons were reading. "Have either of you seen my son?" Maristela asked them hoping they would give her an actual answer rather than join in the young boys' fun. Elladan and Elrohir both denied seeing the boy before offering to help search for him, she denied their offer so they could focus on their studies; wishing them well, she left them to find her son.

An idea came to her mind and she smiled softly as she walked through the halls greeting other Elves until she reached the door to the garden, she walked out and spotted Estel working on his early swordsmanship skills -- more like, lifting the sword only to drop it from its weight. "Estel," Maristela spoke startling him, he turned to her with wide doe eyes. "I was just practising Mama," Estel told her before huffing in annoyance over not being able to lift the blade. "That blade is far advanced for a young warrior like you," Maristela informed him softly as she took it from him and laid it on a stone bench. "Why do you desire the need to use a sword so early?" Maristela asked as she knelt to her son.

"To protect you, Mama. I don't want you to face the same fate as my parents," Estel expressed before sending her a look of determination, "I need to protect you from the foul beasts in the world." Maristela smiled fondly at her son, she rested her hands on his shoulders. "Estel, I am beyond proud that you wish to protect me the way I always wish to protect you. But remember that taking life is not something to take lightly even if they are poisoned by evil," Maristela brushed Estel's hair out of his face, "You are destined for something great, Estel... And I hold the faith that you will get there." Estel frowned slightly, "Will you be there?"

Maristela rested her forehead against his, "I will be with you every step of the way, Estel. Your mama will never give up on you and no matter where you are or where I am in this big world, I will always have faith in you." Estel smiled wide at his Mama before wrapping his arms around her, she picked him up and held him close. "My little warrior... my King," Maristela whispered to her son and though he didn't know the truth at that time, something in him knew that the title held more importance than he knew. "Now, let's find you a better blade," Maristela teased before picking up the other to return it to Elladan, its rightful owner.

⊱ ──── {⋆ 🌌 ⋆} ──── ⊰

Maristela was determined to find her son, Attica sniffed the air before the two spotted a familiar horse that once belonged to Théodred. "Follow Brego," Maristela commanded her companion, Attica moved towards the horse that had been set free by Aragorn until they reached a river bank where Aragorn lay. Brego arrives and nudges Aragorn until he awakes, he brushes his hand against Brego's snout when someone dropped next to him. "Wake, my son," Maristela whispered before brushing her fingers across his forehead, his wounds slowly healing as he opened his eyes fully. "Mama?" Aragorn breathed out before sitting up.