2~ "I need to re- evaluate my tastes in men."

I couldn't wait myself. I'm so excited as well. This is dedicated to Shameem for being the first reader for this story. 

AHANA

A tall guy picked up a single ball from the various balls present in the spherical container. "And the next number is... SIX," he announced. Two hands went up instantly. Seems like they've won the game of Housie. I checked up my chit of paper but number six wasn't there. Sheesh, this sucks! I took Lisa's chit to check out number six but no luck.

"This must be the fourth time we lost. It's no use, Ahana. I... I  don't want to say this but I'm kinda getting bored. Let's just leave," Lisa spoke hesitantly.

I bit my lip, feeling disheartened "But Liz, one must OUGHT to win this game once in their lifetime. It's a must," I said determined.

"And why is that?" She asked as she titled her head to one side.

"I don't know. I mean, don't you want to have the feeling of getting most of your numbers cancelled on this chit of paper. That feeling when you raise your hand and say 'Housie'," I explained feeling enthusiastic about it.

Lisa facepalmed. "What kind of logic is that? Seriously, how could you get excited over small things like these. I've been with you for two weeks but you still seem like a stranger to me."

"Don't worry, my parents who've been with me since birth still have trouble understanding me. It's not your fault," I said while patting her head and checked out the scene before me. Seems like they were getting ready for another round of Housie. I'm amazed they are still going on with that shit of a game. I let out a small sigh. "You're right. Let's go."

Our college was celebrating the Fresher's party welcoming the first year students of all courses. I ran my eyes around the huge campus. The constant hustle bustle, the different races of people around here, college, a new beginning... I was trembling with excitement.

"Are you okay, Ahana? You were shaking just now," Lisa asked, worried evident on her face.

"You're such a sweetheart, Liz. I'm glad to have your company," I said honestly. "Don't worry its nothing."

She gave a warm smile. "Glad to have you too. So where shall we go?"

Damn, she's so cute. I didn't even know why an innocent girl like her was hanging out with the crazy me. Lisa is a Canadian by origin. She lived here, in Toronto with her family. We just happened to be sitting together during the Economics class, the very first day. We had a short conversation during the first day but strangely she seemed to be sitting besides me ever since. Usually, I disliked clingy people but I forgave her due to her innocent nature. On top of that, she's blond. I've never associated myself with a blonde before so that was a plus point. It wasn't like I knew many people in the first place. I did manage to make a few casual friends though. Apparently, it was more easier making Indian friends here. 'Hey, you're Indian, right? Great, I'm from Delhi. Where are you from?' This always remained the drill in most of the cases. So far, I've engaged myself with three Indian people- Trisha, Shrey and Pragya.

My hometown lied in the heart of India-- Delhi. It had been my dream to live overseas and if I got it by studying in Canada then, why not. Believe me, I had stuck big posters of Paris and New York on my walls just to get the feel of it. My parents were aware about my craze of going overseas so when I applied for universities here, they didn't battered an eye. They were very supportive, given that I've been such a troublesome kid to them. I bet deep down they were relieved by my departure. Although there was one thing my parents still didn't know I wanted. Something besides studying here and becoming a graphic designer.