19~ "Holy cow, this seems like a cat fight."

AHANA

I was reading magazines while lying on my back, my half legs swinging in the air in Vansh's bedroom. Vansh was sitting on the edge of his bed doing something in his mobile when he brought up a rather strange question. "Say, are you afraid right now?"

"Is this supposed to be a mental test of some sort?" I asked, my eyes still on the magazine.

"Uh, maybe. What I'm asking you is, don't you feel insecure that I'm the only guy in this whole apartment right now?"

I didn't knew we were the only ones right now. I just heard Chad from the other room a few minutes ago. Maybe he went somewhere. "Why, are you going to rape me?" I asked casually.

He facepalmed. "Obviously not but maybe you should pay a little more attention to the surroundings. I mean, I'm a trusting guy but if it were someone else in someplace else, then you never know. A humans mind can change in a speed of cheetah," he explained like a science teacher.

I let out a forced laugh and got up to read a comic kept in his study table. "Seriously, what has gotten into you so suddenly? Are you hormonal because of this situation?"

He didn't reply anything so I continued. "To be honest, I feel completely comfortable with you even being alone like this and I don't feel like that with every male specie I know. I don't think you would try anything funny unless, we were thrown in a stranded island with no human to accompany us for years. Something would definitely take place then but that is likely to happen," I said and realized I probably said too much. Why were we discussing about this again?

He laughed quietly. Atleast that's what I think I saw on his face but then he continued on with playing the quiet game. And obviously, I could never remain quiet for long.

I got up to drink water but he refused to look my way. Is he for real? "I didn't think this situation alone could intimate you. Like, yo dude, set your priorities straight," I blurted out a little annoyed by now.

He finally set his eyes to my direction, his expression changing drastically. "One does not simply question about these things but when I do, I become damn serious," Vansh said, his palm forming an O thus imitating the meme from Lord of the Rings. Before I could counter attack his ridiculous statement, he walked towards me, bringing my senses to high alert.

"You're not about to do what I think you're about to do... right?" I said moving back pathetically, until my back hit a wall, and my mind screamed dead end. "Sorry, but you should get checked by a doctor," I advised and tried to wriggle my way out when he placed his arms on the wall blocking me from either sides.

I felt like Jerry being cornered while Tom's, I mean Vansh's lips twitched wider. The very next moment, he arched his head closer, blocking my view. "Either you are out of your mind or you were watching way too many rom- coms. Wa- wait, Van, no... please," I pleaded nervously as he held my shoulders firmly. I shut my eyes close and pressed my lips inwardly as I got a wisp of his scent.

For a second, I thought he kissed me until I realized it was the back of his palm that I almost kissed.

Wait, does this feel like deja vu?

And the very next moment, he was laughing and congratulating himself for finally pulling the trick off. "Damn, I wished I could have... clicked your selfie," he said, lying down to bed and stretched his arms. "Ah, feels good to have my revenge," he groaned.

I let out a short breath and approached him with a scowl. Was he that stuck up on the trick I pulled that drunken night?

I picked up his bag and ran towards him. "Now I'll have my revenge on you, you insolent brat," I declared and launched my attack on him but he dodged effortlessly. I don't know how it happened but he got the bag to himself, threw it over his shoulder, and started tickling me to the sides, the very next instant. I started giggling like crazy while begging him to stop. We were literally laughing and shouting like mad people from the mental asylum. Okay, that was an exaggeration. I was about to escape when he lifted me up slightly by my waist from behind and I yelped. On that second, the door flew open.