40 (Bonus Chapter)~ Brofriends.

« AHANA »

Each individual has a small circle of people whom they considered important. More than important. You wouldn't wanna let go of that person at any cost. You would want to stay in touch with them throughout your lives, no matter how small it was.

A person's family naturally falls under that circle, no doubt about that. (Unless they are abnormal.) My case was the name. Then there's my boyfriend, my friends-- old and new and two of my cousins. Aside from them, there were four more people whom I considered important. The famous four, with whom I wasted my precious teenage life away. The ones I considered as my Brother-friends.

Yes, the four guys, Vishal, Xander, Piyush and Aman were my bro- friends, or that's what I liked to call them. They behaved like friends but were quite protective of me as well. That protectiveness was the only trait they possessed as a brother. I might have considered them as my brothers if it weren't for their occasional flirtations or their weird questions ranging from my friends bra size to a girls period. That ruined the whole brother thing for me even if it was by quarter percent. The amount of times I've shitted myself in embarrassment was far from the total number of my fingers and toes. I questioned my sanity whenever I hanged out with these dirty brats but it soon vanished the moment I started cracking on their mindless jokes.

So instead of claiming them my bro friends, I went for the alternative.

*Mere gali ke kutte. (My street/ stray dogs)

These guys were not only taller than me but were two years older than me. We all lived in the same neighborhood. I officially met them when I was thirteen years old, right after I shifted from my father's family house. There wasn't anything unusual but the way it happened still surprises me.

It was over a Cricket match. A freaking cricket match.

Don't get me wrong, I loved cricket but I was more of an audience than a player. I admit I played cricket a few times in the past but I wasn't good at it. Neither I wanted to be. There was a huge ground, a street after my building, which was a house for various sports. I had to pass by the ground on the way to reach the convenient store.

It was a lazy afternoon. I had a sudden urge to buy Kurkure and perhaps some chocolate so I set out on my own. On my way to the common ground, I noticed some big boys playing Cricket. After observing for about a minute, I realized it was a one sided match. It was hard to tell which team was who as they weren't in uniform but one could still judge that from the look of their faces. Some seemed disappointed, almost on the urge of throwing a fit while others seemed escatic. I was making my mind to go when the batsman hit the ball with his bat that landed right at the side of my face. I let out a cry of pain and covered my face instinctively.

"Oh shit, are you alright?" A dark, tall boy asked.

I rubbed the side of my face but someone beat me upto it as he started rubbing his hand over me. Very hard, I might add. "See what you did, scum?"

I appreciated the skinny guy's gesture but it was still annoying. "It's okay. I'm alright, really," I insisted, wanting to get away from the scene.

"Are you sure?" Another boy appeared from the distance and I raised my head to meet one of the cutest guy in this locality. He had brown eyes that shone in the rays of the sunlight like stars and a fair face that couldn't be affected by the merciful rays of the sun. My heart fluttered like never before and suddenly I felt like a princess meeting a prince as he delicately held my hand. It was love at first sight. Or atleast it felt that way.