39~ "Just wait till dawn & you'll become Bella Swan."

"Just wait till dawn & you'll become Bella Swan."

VANSH

The hell gates have opened and nobody can give a rat's ass about it. All the vampires, zoombies, ghosts, demons and even mafias are supposed to make a comeback on 31st October, that is, today. This wasn't like the night spent in Entertainment district, no— This was Halloween.

Since it was, so obviously it had to be the day when the Satan's son known as Dhruv was born. Excuse my pun, people.

Damn, was he fortunate enough to be born under the star of Hades. Although those creators failed to realize that he was a mistake. A dinosaur sized mistake.

"It inflates my pride when you put it that way," Dhruv said with an ugly smirk. I guess he failed to detect the sarcasm behind my words. "Stop sulking man. It doesn't matter when is whosoever's birthday. Do I look lucky to you just because I was born at the day of the Halloween? No. I'm grateful because people acknowledge me. The only downfall is I don't get enough sleep," he said, stifling back a yawn. "I think I'm going to—"

"No, you won't, you freaking polar bear," Mark muffled voice came from our room. He raised the volume of his phone to the fullest but the music still wasn't enough. "Bro, we seriously need speakers. Party ain't nothin' without it," he told me.

I stood up from the sofa with a huge sigh and walked my way towards my room. The beds were pushed to the farthest ends, making a huge space in the middle. Chad and Mark sat on our beds, inflating balloons. "No use, Mark. When I knocked the doors of our neighbors to ask, they threatened to kill me in my sleep, the next time I disturb them. We should have thought about this beforehand," I said, regrettably but then came up with an idea as I fished out my phone from the pocket. "Let's just hope Tripti hasn't reached here yet."

"Oh, she's coming then," Chad said, who was now taping few of the balloons in random places. I shook my head while hearing the ringing voice at the other end of the phone. "And help us out a bit, you lazy bummer. We don't have enough—"

"Hello, Trips," I greeted, cutting him off and proceeded to request her to lend the speakers.

It was a little past midnight. We were supposed to start Dhruv's birthday party at twelve like all the youngsters do but his lazy roommates (obviously us) refused to move their arses from their beds. I don't know how and when it happened but a virus had transmitted in our room, forcing us to fall asleep by 11:30 including Dhruv. We woke up at midnight to the sound of the door along with Dhruv's Android ringtone banging in our ears. His call was most probably from Lisa, wishing him birthday. While Pragya was shocked to know that nothing had been done to prepare for the party. She whipped our assess off our beds and got us working before resigning to her own room. Crafty woman.

Although Dhruv was aware of the activity going on in his room, he wasn't aware of another activity going on in Pragya's room. He wasn't aware of the girls who will be attending his birthday bash as well. Lisa had a special surprise of her own, which was surely to blow his mind, once he sees it.

By 1am, everything was set and ready for action. Ahana called me to know that things were almost ready from her side as well. We switched the lights off, sang the happy whatever song, beated him to a pulp as we counted his years and gifted him a bottle of Champagne. A big rectangular chocolate cake was laid in front of the table, just begging to be devoured.

Just as I was about to message Ahana again, there was a knock on the door. I warned Dhruv to stay on his spot and rushed to open the door, only to freeze in spot.

"Lisa, you—" I trailed off, not believing that the pretty blonde standing before me was actually her.

Her eyes widened a bit with worry. "Am I... Do I look good?" She asked as she quickly tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.