8~ "We won't leave until we become zombies."

VANSH

What do people normally do at night?

Two things. It goes without saying that most of the world population sleep in their comfy beds whether it'd be before or after midnight. Then what about the ones who don't sleep? Of course I'm not talking about the sleep deprived ones. Let me tell you that these are the people who roam at night searching for their victim. Popular fictions call it- vampires, werewolves, zombies, ghosts and so on. They are the night creatures who don't leave anything in their wake. Scary, right?

Of course I'm kidding, duh!

The answer is simple- Night out.

Dancing, drinking, partying... Oh, let's make it more dramatic- Dancing till your legs turn jelly, drinking till you throw up, partying till you look like zombie the next morning. Yes, these are the kind of zombies I'm talking about. Zombies who roam in these places instead of sleeping.

I'm about to become one of them tonight.

The most famous place to become these wannabe zombies was the Entertainment District, situated downtown of Toronto. It's the best place for youngsters like us. Besides bars and discs, this place is also well known for stage shows. We had just finished watching a stage show in one of the oldest theaters here known as the Royal Alexandra theater. To be completely honest, I wasn't that thrilled on watching a stage show but-

"Would you stop glaring at me Vansh," Pragya said while poking my forehead.

But I kept on with my glaring stance. "Then give my precious one hour back. I would have played games on my phone or watched YouTube videos rather than watching this shitty old timer show," I said with gritted teeth and took slow menacing steps towards her.

Pragya ran to her best savior and hid behind him. "Bro say something. He's bullying me," she complained pretending to look hurt.

"Come on Vansh. It wasn't that bad. I felt it was unique to watch something different for once," Dhruv gave his opinion.

"Tch, you're just taking her side," I said grumpily.

"No, I think he's right. It was good," Chad went along.

"I loved it especially the last scene which was really unexpected," Lisa said merrily.

I turned my eyes to Ahana expecting a positive reply from her. She quickly averted her gaze from me and fiddled with her fingers. "We don't get to see these kind of shows that often so I think it was good and entertaining enough."

A short haired girl whose name I don't remember giggled. "It seems you were the only one who didn't liked it. What a shame," she commented.

"It really is a shame," I said sarcastically.

Initially, it was just me and my room mates who were planning this night trip. It was supposed to a boys night out but Pragya had to tag along to wreck our plans. Not only that, she even brought her pretty female friends. It turned out to be the same group with whom we went to the amusement park two weeks back.

After feeding food to our stomachs, our group decided to head over to a desirable club next and began searching for it. I took my time observing the unfamiliar place surrounding me. Even though it was 10 pm at night, the people were lively as ever. The whole place was lit with street lights, broken lights and more colorful lights on buildings leaving no trace for the darkness to dominate over. There was a stench of smoke and alcohol in the air. One could hear rock and jazz music playing around in every corner. It was quite hilarious to watch people getting drunk by the minute- some were talking loudly, spouting out nonsense, couples were making out in the corners, a guy was busy talking to a light post while another was acting like a devdas in the corner. A random girl tried to make a move on Dhruv by asking to kiss him but he refused because he's an idiot. I was amazed. It was like the place never meant to sleep at all. In other words, it was crazy.