33~ "I like you even more than yesterday."

[Cover pic edited by me. You could very well imagine them posting a pic like this, lmao.]

VANSH

I reached my dormitory apartment no 204 with the evil intention of creating a havoc.

At first I asked Mark to punch me. His thick brows creased into a thin line before landing a soft blow on my jaw. I threw a disapproving look in return and told him to punch me like he meant it.

The next thing I knew was my back leaning against the wall and my fist furiously clutching against my side. It fucking hurt alright but then my mind rewind back to this evening-- Ahana showing up at the bus stop, her shocking confession that followed, our dinner date at a Punjabi dhaba. I checked the watch-- It was 10: 22 pm.

It wasn't a dream after all.

The little commotion made Chad and Dhruv step down from their comfy beds. The three of them looked at me with anticipation. My lips grew wide that it almost hurt. “Guess what happened guys?” I asked, spreading my arms in an over dramatic gesture.

"Our warden finally, fucking retired."

"Donald Trump became president."

"We found Atlantis."

My smile disappeared, replaced by a scowl. "Atlantis, seriously Dhruv?"

I then proceeded to tell them everything that took place this evening like a girl on gossip mode. I went on gushing to the point they got sick of hearing and begged me to shut up. Did it matter? Hell no! I was too sappy to care about anything else. Even though my friends didn't show it, I knew they were happy for me. Atleast after bearing with my foul mood for the past three days. Later on, I was forced to feed their hungry mouths with pizzas.

It was hilarious how things could turn a one eighty degree within a matter of minutes. Before that, I had pretty much given up on her. Unwillingly, my mind reeled back to that night on the terrace.

One of the most strangest things that night was my own confession. Now I did plan on confessing my feelings, but I didn't expect myself to actually ask her out. The idea just planted itself in my head when we were spending the night away. I couldn't stop thinking about how good we were together. By the time we reached the terrace, I could hardly wait. Basically, I had delivered my heart on a silver platter, only to be crushed by her words. This was exactly what Pragya must have felt back then. Funny, you didn't understand a person's feelings until you experienced it yourself. I guess it was karma playing games with me. Although my situation was slightly better. Atleast Ahana didn't take my confession as a joke. If she had done that, I might have taken the night bus for Toronto right away.

I didn't quite expected myself to approach her on Monday as well but I did anyway due to the following reasons-

1- I hated when we had to ignore each other.
2- I missed her.
3- I needed her to buy the pregnancy kit.
4- I missed her...

Looking back on it, I was proud of what I did to witness this day. My mind drifted back to dinner, particularly one scene I couldn't stop thinking about.

I must ask you Ahana Mishra, why did you agree to go out with me?” I asked while we waited for the food to be served on the table. She raised a brow, her face appearing to be mocking. When she didn't answer, I grew impatient. “Oh come on, I deserve to know the reason, right?

Her lips broke into a small smile. “You are going to be disappointed.”

I don't mind.”