9 ~ "She's my soulsister."

VANSH

For the next hour, we tried to do as many insane things as possible. In our first attempt, we tried to scare people walking by the streets by making scary humming noises while hiding in a dark corner. They weren't too scared though but they were conscious enough to walk quickly. We laughed quietly getting amused by their reactions. It made me remind of the comedic skit shows like Just for Laughs: Gags and Punk'd. We continued doing this until a guy walked towards the source of those noises, which was us by the way. We had to go as far as acting like we were out of our minds to make us look innocent. He mumbled something along the lines of 'Poor souls' and walked away,  that son of a bitch.

Our second attempt was when we tried to convince a cab driver to make me drive for a while. He looked like an innocent person who insisted on dropping us home since we looked like lost cases to him.

In the end, I got to drive the car... for a hundred meters. Pathetic.

"What next?" I asked as we sat down on a bench to rest. It was just the two of us at an unknown place and at an unknown time. Okay, that was an exaggeration but it was past midnight now. I ignored the calls coming from Chad and Dhruv. God knows what the rest of them are doing.

Ahana seemed to be calling someone on phone. "Yo Markie, it's me your favorite pal~" she said in a sing sang voice while swaying her knees above the ground.

"Wait, you had Mark's number. When?" I asked shocked.

She covered the mobile screen with her palm. "It's not your Mark, you dumbass. This one is my friend," she whisper shouted to me before turning back to her call. "Ah nothing... Mm, I'm with my friends on a night out... Unfortunately, no..."

Her stupid, yet flirtatious conversation went on for good ten minutes till I threatened her to leave her alone if she doesn't stop talking.

She finally ended the call only after blowing a loud, bragging kiss on the phone. It reminded me of Chad who did the same while calling his girlfriend.

Gradually, we set off towards our next activity.

○ ○ ○

After an hour or two, we noticed Dhruv heading towards us. He seemed like he was on a runaway. "I thought I was gonna be stuck in this place forever. Glad I found yoy. Wait-" he paused scrunching his brows. "THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING UP THERE?" He shouted finally noticing the fact that we were standing on the balcony of the second floor without railings, in an empty, old building.

"Isn't it obvious," Ahana said who was standing next to me. She stepped forward, standing on the very edge of the balcony and spread her hands forward. "We're going to jump. We have already jumped off the first floor and now we will try the second and then the third. Maybe," she said with a wicked smile.

I pulled her back. "Idiot, you said we would jump off together," I reminded her.

"Oh sorry, I forgot," Ahana said placing her hand on her head and stepped back.

Dhruv's face seem to have gone white though. "ARE YOU FREAKS OUT OF YOUR MINDS?" He yelled at the top of his voice making us cringe. "Are you planning on committing suicide or what?"

Ahana and I laughed out loud. "Listen to this freak. He thinks we are commiting suicide. That too from the second floor," I facepalmed

"As if. I'll never do that even if I became the last survivor on Earth," she said while placing one hand on her hip.

"But won't you be bored then."

"You're still a kid Vansh," she said pitifully patting my shoulder. "Don't you understand. Being alone means I'd have the greatest chance of being abducted by Aliens."