42~ "Our brains must have been twins in previous birth."

[WARNING - A bit of a sexual content ahead. Don't worry, it won't be anything too graphic. I'm not E.L James bruh! 😜]

42- "Our brains must have been twins in previous birth."

« AHANA »

"Jè peux loûer un scooter," My boyfriend spoke French in the most humble way possible and I rolled my eyes.

The old lady to whom he was asking for a scooter, blinked her eyes through her rimmed glass. She placed her hand on one of the scooters amongst a couple of others before facing us. "Pour combien de jours, est? Un jour coûterait 60 euro mais nous avons un rabais pour..." She kept speaking while we felt like aliens from Mars who didn't understand a single letter of her language.

She chuckled, her wrinkles spreading at the corners of her mouth. "No wrong. You allowed to speak in English. Me doesn't speak much but understands it somewhat. Don't mind this, vièille dame (old lady)."

"No, we don't mind you Ma'am. We are sorry for our inconvenience. We just want to rent a bike for the day," I went ahead and spoke this time.

She regarded us for a moment, slowly scrutinizing our faces. "You two no look no English. Where do you belong?" she asked in her broken English.

"You see, both of us study in Canada but we actually belong from India," Vansh answered it for her.

Something smelled really great in here. There were several twigs curling around the railings behind the scooters. There was a sort of glass wall behind it. One could catch a glimpse of the beautiful garden just behind the glass. I had the urge to see it.

"India? Oh, me saw some India Cricket matches before. Sachin Tendulkar. See, I remember name. Liked his way of cricket." She gushed.

My heart swelled with pride at the mention of a star from our country. We talked a little more about Cricket and India in general before getting back to business. She listed her offers and prices and we opted for the cheapest one possible. Afterwards she showed her way around the garden and I finally got to know the source of that addictive smell- It was vine trees. These trees were well known in the city of Paris.

Paris. The word alone brought butterflies in my stomach and now that my foot had stepped in the Parisian soil, those butterflies had ceased to become eagles.

I'm here! I'm finally here! Accompanied by my most favorite person in the whole wide world. I repeated for the umpteenth time.

One wouldn't believe the lengths we soared through, just to secure a three day stay in Paris. And no, it wasn't as simple as saving money either. For starters, Vansh and I, booked the flight tickets, four months before May to get it at a cheap rate. In order to fetch some money without asking too much from our parents, we volunteered ourselves in yet another part time job. Too bad, we couldn't work together this time. Then we downloaded the 'Make my Trip' app and asked atleast sixty people to download it from their phones, so as to fetch a reasonable discount for the hotel. Well, half of those people were Mike and Fred's gang party. Infact I surfed my way through the internet to book two restaurants in advance and even got ourselves a discount pass for the traveling expenses. See, that's how dedicated we were.

It wasn't very hard after that, except for the passport formalities and change of currency. And of course our parents. Now our parents were very supportive in nature but I doubt they'd consider a boy and girl going in a place like Paris as just friends. Instead, we had to cover up by saying we were going on a group trip across Toronto. We always had our photos from Huntsville and other places stacked up in our mobile to show. We simply decided to keep our phone calls close to null for these three days. Infact, we'll make sure our months of sweat and piss pays off in the end.