17~ "My name is Karma and I've come down to avenge."

Dedicated to AkankshaSharma3

AHANA

Time ticked, followed by our torturous semester exams, followed behind by Christmas and New year holidays. It led to an end of a year as well as the end of my first semester. I returned to my comfort zone known as home, back to my parents.

Looking back, it was good. I had many new experiences while living in a foreign country- the place, the people, some cool friends, casual flirting, wine and the list would go on. While I also had my share of unpleasant experiences that included living with a family that didn't really cared, a few arguments with people here and there. I wonder what the next semester will have in store for me. Keep your fingers crossed, Ahana.

After arriving at the cold country Canada, I decided to attend a huge party, thrown by our college students. I was expecting to meet Vansh and his little troupe but then I received a message from Pragya saying they will reach Canada tomorrow. Liz didn't attend the party but promised to meet me tomorrow. I didn't expected Lisa to be here anyway since she wasn't a big fan of parties.

I noticed some of the familiar faces of my acquaintances and greeted them but soon enough, got bored. When there was nothing particular to entertain myself with, I turned to my only savior in shining armor- Music.

I secured a spot on the dance floor for myself and started dancing to the beat. After I was content with myself, I got down and decided to feed my stomach. I was on my way, when I heard a familiar voice behind me, calling my name.

"Mark!" I exclaimed, surprised.

"Long time no see, madame," he waved his hand, flashing his trademark smile. His blue eyes under his rim glasses sparkled under the lights. He was looking handsome as ever with his dark green beige jacket on top of his winter clothes and cap. He was a walking example of how a nerd can manage to look hot. He wasn't even a nerd to begin with.

A smirk played on his lips. "I'm honored my lady," he said in a gentlemanly way.

"But I never said anything."

He took a step closer and cupped my cheek. "Your look is what it counts babe," he winked.

I couldn't help but blush under his gaze. "Don't get too cocky now," I said, showing my tongue teasingly and turned around. "I'm going to eat something. You are welcome to join me if you like," I said, appearing to be authoritative.

He accompanied, following me like a lost puppy. He was stupid yet witty at the same time. I was well aware of the meaning behind his flirtatious looks which is why I let myself be spoiled for a while. Somehow, it made me feel like a devil queen.

We proceeded to have dinner outside the lawn where the chairs were kept. In the midst of it, someone accidentally bumped their drink, on the side of my hand, causing my coat to get dirty. I let it slip by on purpose since I didn't wanted to go home yet.

Mark and I caught up with each other by talking about our holidays. Whenever Mark got the chance, he would touch my palm and let his fingers run at the back of my hand. I would let it remain for a while until I remove my hand from his grasp, to grab another spoon, salt or anything else in sight while making it appear as natural as possible. I wouldn't miss the smirk on his face whenever I did that. But sometimes, I would let my hand rest to let him have his way. I didn't minded, to be honest.

This was why, I absolutely loved flirting with him.

He got up from the chair while I still remained seated. "Hey, I have to go somewhere with my friends. It was nice to meet you and-" he cleared his throat. "Also good to see that you haven't changed a bit."