37~ "My hormones need much more awakening than that."

AHANA

Ray!

"Who the fuck is this Ray guy? I can't stop thinking about him. I need to know about him... ASAP?" I complained to Lisa. We were sitting on our usual spot at the canteen while Pragya had gone to fetch our food.

Lisa tucked some of her blonde strands behind her ear, laughing softly. "You sound like you have a crush on him."

"I can never develop a crush on a guy I just heard about. My hormones need much more awakening than that," I spoke, my mind briefly flashing a brief image of a shirtless Vansh. I wiped that image as soon as it came. "But the girl you see wearing purple tee and tights, definitely can," I added, pointing my finger to Pragya.

"That could be a possibility."

"Then why isn't she telling us? She practically breathes with that guy on phone everyday. You could see her smiling at the middle of the class and sometimes, she laughs in the middle of nowhere, saying she just recalled something. She skipped her classes last Friday, just to meet him. Not to forget their flirtatious texts. You call that normal? You call that just being friends? No, it's called denial with a capital D. My own experience, you see," I ranted.

Lisa let out a sigh before turning her gaze to me. "I understand and I agree with you, but I think we should let her be. She would tell us about Ray when she is comfortable enough. Look Ahana, her situation is slightly different from us. She obviously had a hard time dealing with love. And I'm sure that even though she is long over Vansh now, she still is a bit uncomfortable with the idea of her two close friends dating. She knows that we know but maybe she is not ready to come out of the shell yet. She also knows that we are supposed to understand so we will. We can always tease her though," she explained, winking at the end.

I gave up. Lisa's explanation left no room for arguments. I should definitely learn to be understanding like her. "You are right," I said and before I could add anything else Pragya was already sauntering her way towards us.

. . .

Two days later, Vansh and I were on our way to the KFC when I spotted Pragya at the end of the lane. She was well dressed in pale green top, black shorts and even had her sunglasses on. Her get up was basically screaming attention. In a good way that is.

"Yo Prag-" Vansh was halfway through in calling her loud when I covered his mouth with my palm and dragged him to a side.

The puzzled look on his face was probably questioning me why we were hiding like this when our relationship was declared public. I'm such a genius I tell you.

"Look I know what you're thinking but I did this for a reason. I think she's--"

"Why haven't I seen you in this white top before ? Is it new? You should totally wear this often, he said with interest as he paid attention to me. Or rather something else below my eyes.

"Eyes here, Mr Pervert Baweja," I pointed out sharply as I raised his chin to distract him.

He blinked. "Oh yeah, Pragya. Shit, we lost her!" he said as if he was snapped out of his daydream. I wouldn't even dare to peek into his imagination at the moment. Maybe I really did underestimate boys.

I then told him about Pragya possibly going on a possible date. Vansh seemed shocked to hear this which encouraged me to follow Pragya in secret. I needed to prove him wrong.

After some words exchanges consisting of if's and not's, we mutually decided to follow her. Unfortunately, our spying mission didn't last for long as Pragya disappeared inside Mc Donald's. Sorry KFC, you lost two customers for today.