25~ "The girl who always smiles."

VANSH

Vancouver-- At first glance, it looked like one of the many cities of Canada-- which it was, but we were yet to see its real beauty, so no complaints there. With the kind of high rise buildings, and exotic life of the city dwellers, this place screamed Hollywood. Precisely because many shootings have taken place here.

And, that's exactly what we were gonna observe today.

After Ahana and I, settled down in our respective rooms in the designated hotel, we decided to rest for a while. Our rooms were right next to each other. At 1 pm, we were ready to explore.

I stood outside the entrance of the hotel, facing the scorching sun. I folded up the sleeves of my maroon shirt as I waited for Ahana. Did I mention that it had been ten minutes already?

"Vansh," I heard her voice behind me and I let out a sigh, relieved that she finally decided to show up.

"Seriously, how long were you planning to-" I complained as I turned around but my words hung up as Ahana came into view and my heart skipped a beat.

My mouth gaped open as I stared at her from her golden sandals to her brown hat. She wore a one piece dress, in the colors of brown and maroon while her legs were covered with brown leggings. She had her black hair clipped at the back while some of her red strands, were left loose. She looked kind of smart and cute at the same time.

"What?" She quirked her brow and I shook my head, a little too quickly. "Let's get going already."

We watched the scene of the huge bustling city from the glass windows of the air train. I could even recognize few of the scenes from the movies. After observing the scene to my eye's content, I turned my head to the opposite side, only to witness Ahana applying lip stick while holding a hand mirror before her face. I caught on the slight blush on her cheeks, indicating her makeup or whatever these girls applied on their faces. She applied pressure on her lips as she pressed them together, to spread the red color and pouted in front of the mirror. I wasn't big on fashion and girls but even I could tell that the cherry color lipstick suited her. Her lips were neither too big or small. Hmm... they seem to be soft and tempting.

It was as if something had sucked the air out of me and I found myself almost gasping. I realized where I was gawking at, and instantly looked away, feeling uncomfortable.

Man, that was weird. Seriously, doesn't she has manners? She shouldn't be applying lipstick openly and pout like the ones from the lipstick advertisements.

"I've been meaning to ask you something," Ahana spoke after she was done with her little makeover. "Not that I'm worried about him or anything because I'm not, but, why did you beat Mark?"

My body tensed up under her synchronizing gaze. I didn't expected this question one bit. "Eh, you must be hearing things," I lied through my gritted teeth.

She rolled her eyes. "I heard from Mark himself."

Busted! Damn, that treacherous traitor. After I went through the trouble to threaten him, he did the exact opposite. This is even more nerve racking than my parents seeing my report card. What am I suppose to say in this kind of situation?

"I don't get it. Why did you beat him? You should have called me too. We would have beaten him together like bam. I so wanted to be a badass girl for once. It's so unfair," she complained

Did she just said what I heard? I couldn't help but laugh at it, annoying her more. "You are hilarious."

"But I'm stating the truth. By the way, what did you say to him? His expressions were priceless to watch."