24~ "I didn't use my Mero mero fruit to solidify you."

AHANA

There were times when you know what you have to do, and yet when the time was right in front of you, your senses royally fucked you up. 

This was one such moment for me as I stood face to face with Pragya. We were doing nothing, other than smiling like clueless idiots and ending our sentences with um's to oh's. And I thought I shared these occasional awkward moments only with Vansh.

"Seriously, guys?" Dhruv cracked the silence and let out a frustrating groan. "Just hug her and get done with it already," he urged as he pushed Pragya forward while she protested. He made it sound like a business deal.

"You too, Ahana," Vansh chided along and Lisa pushed my back. We passed a creepy smile before embracing ourselves to an uncomfortable hug. To top the awkwardness off the charts, our friends clapped to our reunion.

Thank you my dearest friends, for making this already awkward moment, ten times worse.

Thank God, they had the decency to leave us after that.

We both apologized first obviously and settled down on a bench. We had mutually decided on bunking our first class, since some things were more important than everyday classes. We ended up laughing as we reminisced our ferocious argument in her room.

"I was a total bitch to you, weren't I?" Pragya spoke while fiddling with her fingers. 

I gave a sad smile. "We both were. It's disgusting and hilarious at the same time, when I remember it now."

She nodded in understanding. "I think in a way we brought out the worst version of ourselves. I don't want to admit but you kinda do that to me," she said and I agreed with her. "But Ahana, I never meant the things I said. Especially that slap. It was just my anger and jealously side talking to you. And they aren't my true selves either. Otherwise I would have never fetched you that night," Pragya said and I could sense the sincerity in her voice.

I pointed my finger to her. "I've realized something now. You might look like a rude and selfish child from the outside, but on the inside, you are kindest person out of all of us. I hate to admit this, but if our situations would have been reversed, I don't think I would have given much thought about it, forget helping you. I'm not that considerate I guess so I really wanna thank you for coming that night," I said as I held her hands and we shared a smile. "Also, I truly am sorry for that comment I made with reference to Vansh. Er, speaking about Vansh-"

"It's fine you don't have to talk about it," she interrupted quickly, waving her hands foolishly.

But I didn't pay attention. "I'm still a bit shocked by your revelation girl. Like why didn't you tell us before? Leave that aside. Tell me, for how long you were crushing for him?" I loaded her with questions.

She averted her eyes, her cheeks showing a tinge of red. Unbelievable. "Let's not discuss this now. I mean, you and I, we just started... some other time, okay?" She said with a forced smile which marked the end of the conversation. Maybe I shouldn't get excited so soon.

"Uh, okay but let me assure you that Vansh and I are just friends. There's nothing going..." I paused for a second, my mind suddenly rolling back to yesterday in my room. His comforting arms around me... those innocent brown eyes... his warm breath fanning against my face... "-On?"

"What happened? Your face... Don't tell me you have a fever?" Pragya asked, turning her head to me and touched my forehead. I just realized that my hand was clasped above my mouth. Arey, why I was covering my mouth for? For some reason, I felt guilty. "No, no... Oh shit, I just remembered. I forgot to bring my purse along. And I so wanted to eat those hot dogs today," I said, panicking, purposefully distracting my mind from the topic. Although my statement was true.