12~ "Fine, I accept your challenge Santa Claus."

Okay, this chapter is gonna be different and it will be in 3rd perspective. You'll know why...

Dedicated to yagappar

Dhruv always liked to keep himself busy, be it projects, entertainment, sports, just anything. He couldn't stand lazing around doing nothing. Hell, he would even resort to studying as his escape from boredom. When there was nothing else left to be done, he would do what he claimed as his most favorite task- Sleeping.

But there were times when even sleep couldn't help him out. It didn't listen to him always. Like right now, when he was on his free period and he was finding nothing better to do. Even being with Vansh and his other class mates wasn't helping him. He needed something else, an outlet.

Seemed like God answered his prayers.

When he was about to head home after college, he accidentally glanced on the bulletin board in the club room.

The next day.

"I have a challenge for you," he started, pointing his racket at Lisa. "Play four sets with me. It doesn't matter who wins or loses. If you manage to keep your stamina till then, I'll offer you a special treat. Whatcha say?"

Lisa was surprised. She and Dhruv only played a few practice games and twice in mixed doubles together. He usually played with other male players while Lisa with her club mates. So how come he wants to play such a long game now? She wondered.

"Come on, I'll offer anything you wanna eat," Dhruv added, impatiently.

"Why are you being persistent today? Got no other company to play with, huh, lonely man?" she teased.

"You are behaving as if this is the first time we're facing off, cherry pie," Dhruv said and Lisa flinched at the mention of cherry pie. Yes, they still had a constant habit of naming each other. She had almost stopped using Hindi slang's after the continues nagging by Dhruv. But that didn't stop her from teasing him and neither him from calling her Lisanna.'Two can play the game then,' he had said back then and that's how their naming game started. Him calling her cherry pie had something to do with Lisa's cheeks that were red due to the cold weather.

She let out a small sigh. "Alright fine, I'll accept your challenge, Santa Claus," she said referring to the red jacket he was wearing. Dhruv shot a glare at her in return.

***

"Seems like I was right in choosing you," Dhruv said to Lisa as they were seated inside Pizza hut. Dhruv, as promised was giving her treat for winning his challenge. He thought it was high time he revealed the truth to her.

Lisa stopped eating the slice mid way and looked at him suspiciously. "Alright, what's going on?" she asked and resumed eating her slice of pizza.

Dhruv finished his bite first since he didn't wanted to waste it. "I have registered our names under mixed doubles in the upcoming game with the Maxfield college."

"Oh congrats. All the best for your... YOU DID WHAT?!" She yelled and stood up from her seat, gaining attention from the onlookers.

He flinched at the volume of her voice and took a quick glance at the curious people around him before looking back at her. "I registered your name-"

Lisa slammed her hands on the table cutting him off. "I have never played an official game of tennis in my entire life," she confessed.

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "No biggie, with enough practice-"