13~ "You are a total housewife material."

Some facts before reading this chapter-

The scoring system in tennis is not 0, 1, 2, 3, but rather called as 15, 30, 40 and game. In tennis points are named as love. 15 love for scoring 1 point, 30 love for scoring 2 points and so on. When one side manages to score atleast  4 points that is more than 40 love then that team wins a game. A game, not the WHOLE match. Six games makes a Set. A team/ player only wins a set by winning atleast 6 games. Tennis match constitutes of 3 sets or 5 sets. The team/ player who wins the maximum sets either out of 3 or 5 wins the match. I hope you understood this. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask me. Enjoy! ^ ^ 

Dhruv took a deep breath as he stood before the door of Lisa's house. Since their classes were off due to the weekend, they decided to practice in a sports club close to Lisa's house. Lisa had requested him to fetch her early in the morning. Dhruv had never visited Lisa's house or met her family before which could explain his nervousness right now.

Taking another long breath, he ringed the bell.

The door opened to reveal a grown up blonde woman in her nightdress, adding to his discomfort. 'Must be her mother,' he thought although she had different eye color from Lisa. Nonetheless, he kept on with his poker face enchanting 'I'm here for the practice' in his mind.

"Good morning Aunt. Is Lisanna home? I'm his friend," he spoke in a formal voice and realized his mistake. "Sorry her friend," he corrected and cursed himself for his nervousness giving away.

"Lisanna?" The blonde said more like a question and slightly narrowed her eyes at him.

"Oh, sorry again. I meant Lisa," Dhruv said spelling out her correct name for the first time.

"Sure dear. Come in please," she said sweetly and called Lisa once they were inside. He took in a moment scrutinize her house. It had a homey look to it- Pictures of their family hung on the wall, noise of kids running around, artistic showpieces kept on all the right places, a delicious aroma coming from the kitchen. It reminded him of his own house that he missed.

Dhruv spotted Lisa coming from the kitchen alongwith a fair skinned child in her arms. She was also dressed in night clothes precisely in her yellow shirt and dark pink pajamas. Her blond hair was messy but her face had a morning glow to it. He ran his eyes up and down, checking her out and noticed how different she looked this way. "No more coming to the kitchen Tyler. Not until I finish making the pie. Is that clear?" She asked and the child nodded with a pout. She eventually placed him down and walked towards Dhruv. "Now that's what I call surprise. I was certain you wouldn't come."

"Was I not supposed to pick you?" He asked while actually having second thoughts about it.

"I didn't mean that. It's good that you came. Okay Tyler, you can play with him in the meanwhile," Lisa said and stepped closer to Dhruv. "Just show some tennis moves to my brother. He'll be fine with that, I'll be right back" she whispered and disappeared into the kitchen.

Ten minutes later, they were having breakfast in the table. It was a big family of five members- Lisa, her parents, her younger sister in tenth grade and younger brother who was only five years old. Dhruv was eventually getting used to the situation of being in a girl's house. He answered the questions placed by her parents diligently. They seemed quite heartwarming and caring. They kept complimenting about Lisa and her cooking. That was something even he couldn't deny. The pie she made was mouthwatering delicious. It was obvious that her parents were proud of her. Even her siblings had deep affection for her. A random thought crossed in Dhruv's mind as he observed all of this but decided not to spell it out in front of others.