4

CHAPTER 4
CHAOS

The screen changed and showed that Cathy, Harry, Ryan and Neville were at home at night

The screen changed and showed that Cathy, Harry, Ryan and Neville were at home at night. They were seated around a table having dinner with Cassie and Halley. After they had finished, the children all put their plates in the sink and moved to change into their pajamas. Harry was the last one in the kitchen and he was washing his plate when Cathy came to the sink.

“He’s so polite.” Dorcas said as James looked proud.

“You know he didn’t get it from James.” Cathy smiled at her brother who replied with the middle finger.

“You don’t have to do that.” She told him as she took his plate. She rolled up her sleeves and showed several small tattoos on her arm.

“Catherine Potter!” Euphemia said aghast at the sight of her daughters’ arm. “What have you done to your arm?”

“I decorated it clearly.” Cathy told her mother impressed at the multiple tattoos. “And very well too I might add.”

Euphemia looked at her daughter and then her arm and then her daughter and then her arm once again. She noted that over the holidays her daughter seemed to wear tops that were long sleeved.

“Catherine.” She said in a soft voice.

“Yes mum.” Her daughter looked at Euphemia.

“Roll up your sleeve.”

“Uh oh.” James said smiling since he knew what his mother was getting at.

Cathy froze as the rest of the hall looked at her. “Why?”

“Just roll it up.”

“No thank you.” Cathy said.

“Roll it.” Euphemia said in a stricter tone.

“I don’t want to it’s cold.”

Euphemia grabbed her daughter’s arm as Cathy tried to get it back. “Abuse!”

Euphemia forcefully rolled Cathy’s sleeve back and saw her daughters’ bare arm. There laid two of what was clearly the beginning of the many tattoos her daughter would brand on herself.

“When did you get this done?” Euphemia demanded. “Oh look at what you’ve done!”

“Oh dear.” Walburga said as she caught sight of the black ink.

“It’s my body.” Cathy exclaimed getting her arm back. “I should be able to do whatever I want to it.”

“Not while you’re living under my roof, you’re not.” Euphemia snapped. “Fleamont look at your daughters’ arm. See what she’s done.”