48

CHAPTER 48
| FOLLOW THE SPIDERS |

Afterward, the scene changed to the outside of Hagrid's hut

Afterward, the scene changed to the outside of Hagrid's hut. The grass on the ground seemed to be pressed down with the sounds of footsteps. The door of the hut gave off the sound of being knocked on.

The door opened and Hagrid came out with a grim expression and a crossbow in his hands.

"Who’s there?" Hagrid called out into the night. "Hello? Hello?"

Harry, Ryan, Ron and Neville all became visible as Harry pulled the cloak off of them.

"I love that thing." James said. "It's made all my pranks so easy to set up."

"Shh!' Remus told him in case any of the teachers heard him.

"What’s that for?" Harry asked looking at the crossbow.

"Oh, nothing." Hagrid said. He looked behind the boys and his eyes looked tired and fearful. "I- I was expecting, ah... It doesn’t matter- come on in. I just made a pot o’ tea."

Hagrid urshered the boys into his hut and they entered and saw that his dog, Fang, was lying on his stomach. His head raised up when they entered but quickly went back to the floor.

"Hagrid, are you okay?" Ryan asked.
"I’m fine! I’m alright." Hagrid insisted but his voiced wavered.

"Did you hear about Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Still can't believe it got her." Sirius said.

"Oh, yeah. I heard about that, all righ’." Hagrid said as he set his crossbow against the door.

"We have to ask you something." Neville said. "We don't want you to take this the wrong way but--"

"Did you opened the Chamber of Secrets?" Ryan cut Neville off. The boys all gave Ryan a pointed look. "What? There's no easy way to ask. Might as well just rip the band aid off."

The boys all looked at Hagrid and saw the strange look on his face.

Hagrid let out a long sigh.

"What you had to understand about that is—"

Before he could say another word, the door to the hut was banged on by someone on the other end.

"Who's that?" Evan wondered.

"Were you expecting someone?" Ryan asked.

"Under the cloak." Hagrid whispered to them. "Don’t say a word. Be quiet, all o’ you.'

The boys all hundled together and Harry threw the cloak over them. As soon as their bodies disappeared, Hagrid slowly opened the door.

"Hello Hagrid." Cathy's voice flowed into the room. The boys expressions all changed to worry and fear.