15

CHAPTER 15
|BRIDGE BETWEEN SCIENCE AND MAGIC|

Cathy looked around and felt uncomfortable at the sight of so many people getting emotional at the cemetery scene

Cathy looked around and felt uncomfortable at the sight of so many people getting emotional at the cemetery scene. She was so glad when the scene changed away from her future self and Harry.

Once again, the scene shifted. This time it returned to back to the past version of the film to Catherine and Regulus prior to them having children. Cathy and Regulus both entered the home of Marius Black being led in through the corridor of the house by Walburga Black.

“So, are you going to tell us what happened or should we brace ourselves for the surprise?” Cathy asked.

“Oh, we back to this timeline.” Fleamont said as his wife dried her tears. He also looked slightly uncomfortable as his daughter.

“Marius was talking to me about you families’ blood and something he found in it.” Walburga said. “I don’t know what half of it meant to be honest.”

“When did he get your blood?” Regulus asked.

“I gave it to him when he asked.” Cathy answered. “What? He lived in his house and all he asked for was a few drops of blood to examine.”

“And you just gave it to him?” Regulus stared at her incredulously. “Didn’t you parents teach you to never give your blood away in case you get hexed or cursed?”

Cathy just rolled her eyes. “He’s a squib doctor. What’s he gonna do? Observe it through a microscope?”

“She’s got a point.” Remus nodded as most people shook away their sadness and tried to focus on the screen.

The three wizards came to a stop in front of a door and when they went in, they entered a clean room that was white and Marius was seated at a table looking through a microscope.

“There you are!” Marius said. There were dark bags under his eyes but he still sounded excited. Cathy spotted a cup that was filled with steaming coffee. “What took you so long?” Before Regulus or Cathy could answer Marius continued talking. “I’ve been waiting for you for so long. You’ll never believe what I’ve discovered. It’s amazing. It’s incredible. It’s revolutionary.”

“Why’s he talking so fast?” Regulus asked.

“I think I know why.” Cathy said eyeing the cup of coffee next to him.

“See what I’ve been dealing with?” Walburga asked her son.

Cathy gently took the cup away from Marius. “Okay Mar,” Cathy spoke gently, “Walburga said that you found something you wanted to share with the rest of the class.”

“Right, yes.” Marius looked at Catherine and smiled so widely that it startled her. Marius took out a computer and after clicking and scrolling through the screen he stopped at an image that showed two different DNA helixes.