41

CHAPTER 41
|THEORIES AND DUELS|

“You bastards!” Sirius cursed at Severus and Regulus

The two boys ignored him and laughed along with the rest of the school.

“Oh god.” Marlene wiped away a tear. “I can’t remember the last time I laughed that hard.

“I wish I could have seen that happen in person.” Mary said.

“No wonder you never told us this story.” James chuckled.

The screen followed Severus and Regulus as they ran through the corridors back to their common room. As they turned a corner, the scene shifted to Ryan and Neville walking toward the Great Hall. They stopped outside the doors to the Great Hall and saw a sign that said: DUELING CLUB MEETING.

“Shh!” Several people in the audience shushed those that were still laughing.

“I so glad that they’re doing this.” Neville said sounding relieved. “With Slytherin’s monster going around petrifying people, maybe we’ll be able to learn something about how to go about fighting it.”

“You reckon Slytherin’s monster can duel?” Ryan questioned.

“That’s a good question.” Regulus nodded.

Neville rolled his eyes and pulled Ryan into the Great Hall. They were one of the last students to arrive and observed that the entire hall was changed to create a sort of stage that had students gathered around it.

“Who do you think’ll be teaching us?” Neville asked.

“Well mum’s pregnant so maybe not her.” Ryan reasoned. “Best guess it’d probably be Professor McGonagall, or Snape. Ohh, I heard somewhere that Professor Flitwick was a retired dueling champion so him teaching us would make a lot of sense.”

Ryan and Neville finally arrive next to Ron, Hermione and Harry when Gilderoy Lockhart stepped onto the stage from one end.

“Then again this school isn’t known for making much sense.” Ryan said at the sight of Lockhart on the stage.

“You can say that again.” James nodded.

“Gather round, gather round!” Lockhart spoke in a loud voice. “Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions- for full details, see my published works.”

“He’s just looking for any reason to self-advertise, isn’t it?” Fabian told his twin.

Lockhart threw took off his cloak and threw it toward a group of Slytherin girls. The cloak landed on Cassie Black who immediately threw it away to a group of Ravenclaw girls who all grabbed at it.