47

CHAPTER 47
PETRIFIED

CHAPTER 47PETRIFIED

"It was Hagrid." Harry said. the scene opened up with him talking with Ron, Hermione and Neville as they walked on the school grounds in the day. "Hagrid opened the Chanter of Secrets fifty years ago."

"That can't be right, can it?" Lucius Malfoy asked.

His question egnited a fire of questions among the rest of the audience. A lot of them were giving Hagrid odd looks while others seemed to just talk and voice their opinions.

"What do you think?" Evan asked Regulus.

Regulus looked at Cathy and nudged her with his shoulder. "Catherine?"

Cathy took a look at Hagrid and her eyes focused in on him. For a moment she didn't say anything. Fleamont, Euphemia, James and the rest of the Marauders all looked at Cathy awaiting her answer.

"It's not him." She answered. "I can feel a whirlwind of emotions in Hagrid but not guilt or fear. Just...pain and loneliness."

"It can’t be Hagrid. It just can’t be." Hermione declared adamantly.
"We don’t even know this Tom Riddle. He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me." Ron said.

"We do know one thing." Ryan arrived behind them and joined his friends discussion. "He's not related to Mattheo."

"Are you sure?" Neville asked.

Ryan nodded.

"Yep. According to Mattheo he doesn't have any older male relatives named Tom Riddle. Although strangely enough his family has a tradition of naming their eldest sons Tom or Thomas."

"Maybe he's a distant relative then." Hermione suggested.

Ryan shook his head. "Asked him that. He doesn't have any cousins or uncles or anything."

"Tom Riddle was in Hogwarts fifty years ago." Harry said. "So he'd be at least in his sixties by now."

"Too old to be his dad and too young to be his grandfather." Ryan said. "I asked. So where have we landed on trusting Tom Riddle's diary?"

"Ron was just saying that he thinks that Tom Riddle was a snitch." Neville informed him.

"And i stand by that." Ron said. "He sort of reminds me of Percy if I'm being honest."

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron. What would any of us have done?" Harry challenged.

"He's got a point." Remus nodded. "Tom Riddle probably felt exactly the same way."

"I certainly wouldn't have betrayed Hagrid like that." Ryan said. "And I agree with Ron. We shouldn't trust anything that diary says. Where's its brain?"

Hermione and Harry both exchanged confused looks.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"You know that saying; 'Don't trust something if you can't see where it keeps it brain."  Ryan elaborated. When he saw the looks that Hermione and Harry were giving him, he shrugged. "I guess it's more of a wizarding world saying than it is a muggle one."