38

CHAPTER 38
|POTIONS BOOKS|

The scene immediately shifted away to the Hogwarts school library in the middle of the day

The scene immediately shifted away to the Hogwarts school library in the middle of the day. Hermione was slowly walking along reading the titles of books until she stopped. She yanked the book titled Moste Potente Potions out of the shelf and made her way to a desk in the corner where the boys were waiting.

“Here it is.” Hermione dropped the book on the desk startling Ryan who was sitting on it instead of the chair. “The Polyjuice Potion.’ Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another.”

“Ah Polyjuice juice, very clever.” Fleamont said.

“Do you mean, if we drink that stuff, we’ll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?” Ron asked.

“Yes.” Hermione confirmed as Ryan picked up the book and began to read the ingredients and recipe of the potion.

“Wicked!” Ron grinned. “Malfoy’ll tell us anything.”

“Exactly.”

“I’ve never seen a more complicated potion.” Ryan told the group. “And we’d have to be really careful with a potion that changes our appearance. Wouldn’t want to end up looking like Crabbe and Goyle forever.”

“Well, how long do you think it will it take for you to make it?” Neville enquired.

“Hmm, let’s see.” Ryan began to take note of the potions process. “We need fluxweed that’s been picked on a full moon and we’d have to stew Lacewing flies for twenty-one days so…I’d say about a month.”

“That sounds about right.” Fleamont nodded.

“Have you ever made it before?” James asked.

“Just a few times in my youth.”

“We tried to make but we keep getting caught.” James said sending at glance at Professor McGonagall.

“A month?” Harry looked horrified by the duration. “But, Ryan, if Malfoy is the Heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then.”

“I know. But that’s not even the biggest problem we’ve got.” Ryan told them. “Take a listen to these ingredients; powdered horn of a bicorn, shredded skin of a boomslang. I highly doubt we’d find these in the student store-cupboard.”

“That is going to be a problem.” Ron said annoyed.

Neville suddenly had an idea. “Wouldn’t Snape have those in his private stores?”

Everyone turned to him.

“Yes, Neville he would.” Ryan said.

“So…couldn’t we just nick ‘em from him?”