29

CHAPTER 29
| LITTLE ME |

After the kitchen scene, the screen shifted to show Ryan jump and land on his bed on his back

After the kitchen scene, the screen shifted to show Ryan jump and land on his bed on his back. He placed both his hands on his stomach and groaned from how full he was.

What’s this? What happened to dinner?” Peter wondered.

“It must have skipped over the dinner scene.” Remus concluded.

He only looked up when he heard someone knocking on his door. When he saw that it was his mother with a box in her hand, he told her to enter. Cathy walked in and sat down near the edge of the bed. Ryan sat up and shifted back until he was leaning against the headboard.

“What’s up?” Ryan asked.

“I have something here that I think you should have.” Cathy told him. She opened the box and pulled out Salazar Slytherins locket by the chain.

It’s the locket.” Someone stated.

A lot of the Slytherin students and former students all leaned in to try and get a closer look at the object. Unlike the images in books and paintings, the one that Cathy had looked smaller and newer.

Ryan leaned in closer. “Cool. What is it?”

“A gift from a family friend I suppose you could say.” Cathy smiled. Cathy took the locket and placed it over her sons’ head and let it rest on his neck. “When I need it the most, he was there to help me. All that he asked in return was that I give this to you when the time came.”

Ryan took a close look at the locket and looked back to Cathy. “Who was it? The person who gave it to you I mean.”

“Salazar Slytherin.” Cathy answered.

“As in the bloke who contributed the most to the racism and segregation in this country?” Ryan looked at his mother questionably.

That’s the one.” Sirius nodded.

Cathy just smiled. “Take it from me. Nothing and no one are ever what they look like. Time has a way distorting truth.”

“A thousand years of muggle oppression and racial inequality says otherwise.”

Good point.” James agreed.

“Look all I was supposed to do was give it to you, do whatever you want with it, my job’s done.” Cathy said as she got up from the bed. She walked to the doorway and turned around. “Goodnight.”