27

CHAPTER 27
THE DAWNING STAR.

The scene went from the fireplace at the Burrows to a fireplace in a dark and dusty place

The scene went from the fireplace at the Burrows to a fireplace in a dark and dusty place. Harry fell out of the fireplace with a bang and landed on the floor covered in dust and missing his glasses. He coughed out some smoke and felt around the floor for his glasses.

“Oh thank god.” Lily said in relief.

“Where’d you think he ended up?” Marlene asked.

Once he found them, Harry placed them back on and looked around himself. Standing up, Harry was able to get a clearer view of his surroundings. As he observed several odd-looking objects that were placed on the shelves, it could easily be seen that his glasses were cracked on one side. It looked like he was in some sort of shop.

“I think that’s Borgin and Burke’s.” Regulus said.

“Yeah, you’re right.” Evan nodded.

Harry wandered from shelf to shelf until he came to a wax sculpture of a hand. When he touched it, the handed gripped him tightly and wouldn’t let go. Harry looked around for anything that could help him and saw Draco Malfoy outside the shop peeking at the objects that were put on display.

Harry struggled hard against the and managed to wrangle himself free just as Draco entered the shop holding a black box in his hands. Harry ran over to a coffin that was set upright and quickly hid inside.

Draco Malfoy was happily wandering about when he placed his fingers on a hideous looking sofa. A man with long pale hair that matched Draco’s came in and with the cane in his hand tried to whack the boys’ hand. Draco fortunately moved his hand out of the way.

“Don’t touch anything, Draco.” The man who was clearly Draco’s father said.

“Well look who it is.” Rodolphus Lestrange smiled.

“Yes, Father.” Draco said obediently.

The father-son pair walked further into the shop and a man came out from behind a glass counter and greeted them politely.

“Mr. Malfoy, what a pleasure to see you again. And young Master Malfoy too. Delighted.” The man took out a clay object and showed it to him. “I must show you, just came in today, and very reasonably priced--"

“I’m not buying today, Borgin.” The man interrupted. “I’m selling.”

“Selling?”

“Draco.” The man called out to his son. Draco Malfoy walked over to his father and placed the box he was carrying on the glass counter.

“You have heard, of course, that the Ministry is conducting more raids,” said Mr. Malfoy, opening the box for Mr. Borgin to see. “I have a few — ah — items at home that might embarrass me, if the Ministry were to call. Poisons and the like.”