53

CHAPTER 53
|MIDDLE NAMES|

The camera's view moved upward to one of the man candles floating in the ceiling

The camera's view moved upward to one of the man candles floating in the ceiling. The view entired the candles light completely whiting out the screen. The scene on the screen came back to a white clean hallway.

"Where's this?" James said.

"It's a hospital ward I think." Mary informed everyone.

"I thought the film was going to end after that." Peter said.

"Shh!"

The words 'ONE WEEK LATER' came to the screen before the words quickly faded away.

The hallway was filled with people in lab coats and scrubbs. Harry, Ryan, Cassie and Neville were all sitting down next to Halley and Walburga who was standing next to them.

Ryan and Neville were holding large flowers in glass vases.

"How much longer do you think?" Halley asked her grandmother.

"Soon, darling." Walburga told her.

A nurse came into the hallway and the kids all stood up when she did.

"You can come in now." she told them.

Quietly, the group followed the nurse into a room and when they entired the room, Cathy was lying in bed with a bundle wrapped in blankets was sitting securely in her arms.

"Mummy!" Halley cried as she went to her mothers side.

"Oh!" Lily sat up excitedly. "It's their baby."

Both Cathy and Regulus looked at the screen with their cheeks blushing pink.

"Hi!" Cathy laughed as she saw her children and mother-in-law enter the room. All the children went to one side and Walburga went to stand on the other.

Ryan and Neville gave the flowers to the nurse who placed them on a table next to Cathy's bed before she left.

"Wow! Those look beautiful." She commented on the flowers.

"The teachers and some of the students all chipped in." Neville told her.

"Is that..." Cassie gestured to the baby in Cathy's arms.

"It is." Cathy nodded as she showed them the baby that was sleeping soundly in her arms. "Everyone, I want you to meet your baby sister. This is Carina."

"Another girl." James said.

"She's so cute!" Mary gushed.

"Adorable!" Marlene said.

Everyone all looked at the baby girl and happily complimented how cute she was. The newborn woke up from all the noise and made a whimpering cry.

"Shh." Cathy told her. "I know that they're loud but you better get use to it baby girl. Your brothers and sisters are a lot of things but sadly quiet isn't one of them."