6

CHAPTER 6
|THE SORTING HAT|

CHAPTER 6|THE SORTING HAT|

 “Right, then. First years, this way, please!” Hagrid’s voice was heard by all of the first-year students who separated from the other students on the train and made their way over to the half-giant.

As Ryan, Ron and Harry walked over with the other first years, Ryan caught sight of a boy with pale blonde hair. The boy was between two thick boys and was looking about when he turned around to Ryan’s direction. The raven-haired boy grabbed Ron and Harry and pushed them together and huddle behind them.

“What’s up with him?” James questioned.

“Hell if I know.” Sirius shrugged.

“Hey!” Ron said in a startled voice.

“Ryan, what are you doing?” Harry asked.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it, Hazza.” He said peeking over Harry’s shoulder to see that the blonde boy wasn’t looking at his direction anymore.

“Who was that lad he was hiding from?” Hagrid wondered.

“Harry! Ryan.” Neville’s voice made the three boys look to the right to see Neville walking toward them.

“Hey Nev.” Ryan said releasing a confused Ron and Harry. “Any luck finding Trevor?” he asked as they walked towards Hagrid.

“No.” The boy said in a sad tone.

“Sad.” Someone commented.

“Come on, first years, don't be shy. Come on now, hurry up.” Hagrid said as the four boys came up to him. “Hello, Harry, Ryan, Neville.”

“Hi, Hagrid.” Harry greeted.

Ron stared the giant man in awe of his size. “Whoa!”

“Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now, follow me.”

The next scene showed all the first-year students sat down of boats as it moved towards the castle. The clear stars made the lake shine and the children all stared in awe of Hogwarts as they arrived.

“Wow.”

“Wicked.”

The students walked up several stone stairs and came to a stop before two very large doors. In front of the doors was an older woman in an emerald-green dress, glasses and a stern face.

“Minnie!” James and Sirius cheered making people shush them. Though the transfiguration professor had a small smile on her face.

“Welcome to Hogwarts.” The woman greeted them. “Shortly, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup.”