43

CHAPTER 43
SHUT UP AND DANCE WITH ME

The scene moved forward and showed the inside of a large warehouse

The scene moved forward and showed the inside of a large warehouse. The lights were flashing and music were blaring and people were dancing and singing along to a singer who sounded really good.

The view of the camera moved over to the end of the building where Cathy was sitting around a table with Severus and Lily and Regulus. The four of them were all sipping a drink from red plastic cups.

“What were you drinking?” Euphemia asked her daughter. “What was your fifteen-year-old-self drinking?”

“Water?” Cathy said though it didn’t fool anyone.

“How’d you hear about this place anyway?” Cathy yelled over the music to Lily.

“Some lads in my neighborhood use to talk about it when they were our age.” Lily yelled. “I always wanted to come but I never did before today.”

“How come?” Regulus asked.

“When it comes to parties it’s best that our kind travel in groups.”

“What, wizards?”

“She means women.” Cathy told him.

“Oh.” Regulus said.

“Wait why?” James asked.

“There’s safety in numbers.” Lily told him.

“I don’t get it.” James said. “Safety from what?”

“Perverts, rapists, drunk hormonal men.” Cathy listed.

Severus looked around at the awkward air that grew.

“It’s not a bad party, is it? The beers are nice. The singing is a lot better than I thought it’d be. Though it bothers me how loud it is.”

“I think that’s what the beers are for.” Cathy told him. “To drink until the music sounds like it’s at an appropriate volume.”

“Would you lads want some?” an older boy with a poorly grown moustache came over holding an open Tupperware container with several brownies stacked on each other.

“Oh no.” Severus groaned at the sight of the baked goods.

“I wouldn’t mind.” Cathy said. “How much?” The boy told her the price and Cathy paid him for about ten. “You guys want some?”

“I’ll have one.” Lily said taking one. “I’m surprised you have muggle money on you.”

“Me and dad went to the bank the other day.” Cathy told her as she took a bite. “Reg? Sev?” Cathy pointed to the brownies that were on a sheet of paper the boy she bought them from had given her.