35

CHAPTER 35
| SLUGS OR SLUR |

The four Gryffindors continued to walk until they got to the corner and as they did, Harry looked at his watch and then looked at Ryan

“You remembered that you have to meet up with Wood at the quidditch pitch in the afternoon, right?” he asked Ryan.

Ryan nodded. “Yeah. Thanks for reminding me.”

“What’s this about quidditch?” Regulus asked.

“What’s this about quidditch?” Ron asked.

“Jinx.” Evan said.

“We need a need a new Chaser this year.” Harry told them. “And I told Wood that Ryan was pretty good.”

“That’s great.” Hermione said.

“That’s weird.” Remus said. “Our Potter is a Chaser and Black’s a Seeker. But in the future Black’s the Chaser and Potter’s a Seeker.

“That is weird.” Peter nodded.

“And they’re on separate teams.” Sirius added. “But Ryan and Harry are on the same team.”

“Nothing’s been confirmed yet.” Ryan told them. “I still have to try out to see if I’m good enough to play and Wood told me that there are at least five other blokes trying.”

“You’ll be fine.” Harry assured him. “You’re fast and good with your hands.”

“Don’t tell any girl that please.” Ryan smiled. “The first bit, the second bit you can tell whoever you want.”

“What a filthy thing to say.” Marlene commented.

“He might not be my kid but I still love him.” Sirius said.

As the four of them turned the corner, the scene changed to show a street instead of another corridor. The camera’s view showed a young girl walk past with two cups of tea and she headed toward a table that had a boy and a girl.

The camera adjusted its view and showed the pair were an older Catherine Potter and Regulus Black. The two of them were chatting with each other when the girl bent down and placed a cup of tea in front of Regulus and took his empty one away.

“Hey it’s little us again.” Cathy said. “But we’re older.”

“How old were you here?” James asked.

“I think this was after…third year?” Cathy looked to Regulus.

“Third year.” He confirmed.

“Thank you.” Regulus said. The waitress smiled and wordlessly left the two of them. When she was out of earshot, he turned his attention back to Cathy. “So, where do your parents think you’re at right now?”