62

CHAPTER 62
|THE MUTT|

The scene on the screen shifted away from the Divination classroom and came to Harry, Ryan, Ron, Hermione and Neville walking through a corridor

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Ron asked cautiously.

"The Grim is dog, isn't it?" Peter said glancing at Sirius who looked pale with guilt.

"Be cool." Remus told Peter.

"I doubt it." Ryan said dismissively. "From what I've heard, Professor Trelawney makes the same prediction every year that someone in her class leaves or is 'grave danger'."

"Oh she's just a fraud then." Marlene shrugged.

"If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline." Hermione agreed with Ryan. "Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject."

"It really is." Ryan nodded excitedly.

"Is it?" Evan asked Regulus.

"Not particularly." Regulus shook his head.

"Ancient Runes?" Ron repeats. "Exactly how many classes are you two taking?"

"A fair few." Hermione answered.

"Hang on." Ron paused. "That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once."

"Don't be daft. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Ryan said as he and Hermione shared a look.

"That is very strange." Fleamont nodded.

"Broaden your minds." Hermione imitated Professor Trelawney. "Use your Inner Eye to see the future."

Several people in the audience chuckled and laughed at Hermione's mockery.

The four boys all chuckled and giggled at Hermione poking fun at their professor. They soon came to a classroom and entered.

They all found seats close to each and sat down just as Cathy stepped into the room.

"Well hello there everyone." Cathy greeted the class. "Welcome to Care of Magical Creatures."

"Oh, this is your class." James said looked at Cathy.

Cathy sat up straight and studied the screen more intently.

The class replied with a similar greeting to Cathy.

"Now, as most of you were informed of at the feast yesterday, this year I'll be taking a step back from teaching and most of my classes will be taught by our resident gameskeeper, Hagrid." Cathy said. "This doesn't mean syllabus or academic load will be lighter for you."