33

CHAPTER 33
|AUDITORY PROTECTION |

After no one had spoken up against Cassie she looked pleased with herself and smirked confidently at the people around her

“Wow! That’s some boss bitch energy.” Marlene whistled.

“Well then if there’s nothing else,” Cassie reached over and took hold of Mattheo’s hand, “we’ll be taking our leave.”

Cassie pulled Mattheo along as she walked them toward the first-year dormitories. As they walked the crowd parted and made way for the two of them. Once they were further into the hallway, Mattheo stopped Cassie.

“Thanks for that back there.” Mattheo said as he took his hand back.

“You’re welcome.” Cassie said.

“But what happened back there? Why did that boy hate me, just because I’m muggle-born?”

Cassie nodded. “You’ll discover that there are many people in the wizarding world that will hate you simply for the reason that neither one of your parents are wizards. But you shouldn’t pay them any attention. The sorting hat put you in this house for a reason. Because you belong here.”

“Maybe I should ask one of the teachers if I could change.” Mattheo said. “That girl back there was right. I shouldn’t be here.”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t listen to Marley’s words without a pinch of salt.” Cassie said. “She just likes to start trouble and watch the drama unfold.”

“Marley?” Mattheo looked at Cassie with a questioning look.

“Wait! She knew who that girl was?” James questioned.

“Oh my god!” Mattheo and Cassie turned around to see the blonde girl from earlier with a huge grin on her face. She was closely followed by the boy that had also spoken to Mattheo. “Cas, you should have seen the look on everyone’s face when you left. That boy was shitting himself!”

 The blonde girl threw her head back and laughed very loudly. The boy next to her just rolled his eyes.

“She sort of reminds me of someone.” Cathy murmured. “But I cannot for the life of me figure it out.”

“You probably just put a target on your back with the older kids.” The boy told Cassie. “You going to be standing out from the rest of us with what you just pulled.

“I’d have stood out whether I helped him or not.” Cassie said dismissing the boys worries. “Guys, this is Mattheo by the way.”

“Mattheo Riddle.” The muggle-born boy held out his hand to the other boy. He didn’t take Mattheo’s hand. He just simply looked at it and then back to Mattheo’s face.

“Racist.” Sirius coughed.

The blonde girl on the other hand took Mattheo’s hand and shook it warmly.