28

CHAPTER 28
R

IDDLE AND DINNER

After the confrontation with the Malfoys the entire families were all seated outside enjoying lunch at a shop

After the confrontation with the Malfoys the entire families were all seated outside enjoying lunch at a shop. All the parents were seated together whilst the children were seat around several tables.

“You don’t have to pay for this.” Arthur tried to tell Regulus.

“Consider it an apology for all the cursing my wife did in front of your children.” Regulus said.

“You really shouldn’t swear in front of children.” James reprimanded his sister in a mocking tone.

Cathy responded by flipping him her middle finger.

Cathy was about to take a bite of her food but stopped as the spoon hovered next to her mouth.

“He had it coming.” She spoke. “Racist prick.”

“I thought people understood that muggle-borns are necessary for the wizarding world.” Mr. Granger said. “Hermione told us that muggle-borns are the only way for purebloods to preserve magic in their families.”

“That doesn’t mean people will accept that as the truth.” Mary told them. “Some families refuse to acknowledge that muggle-borns are anything other than peasants stealing magic from them.”

“Well, that and we’d have to admit that hundreds of years of pureblood traditions are wrong.” Evan said. “Most purebloods would rather live ignorantly than face the truth.”

“But some aren’t so bigoted.” Mary said reaching over to Evan and holding his hand. Evan held up her hand and kissed it.

Someone whistled very loudly and made both Mary and Evan blush violently.

“You’re a muggle-born, aren’t you?” Ms. Granger said.

“Yeah.” Mary nodded. “A lot of people weren’t happy with me marrying into the Rosier family.”

“I can understand that.” Lucius said.

“But we did it anyway.” Evan said. “My father terrified that our name would be crossed out of the Sacred Twenty-Eight.”

“The what?” Ms. Granger asked.

“It’s a list of the purest pureblood families.” Molly explained. “There are twenty-eight families written down.”

“And your families are all on it?”

“Mine isn’t.” Cathy said while everyone else nodded.

“Why was your family excluded?”

“Because even back than the Potter family was pro-muggle.” They excluded us because they believed that we were as impure as the muggle-borns.”

“It was a real kick in the balls for a lot of people when the first Chaos Castor to be born in a thousand years came from the Potter family.” Evan laughed. “I still remember the look on me grans face!”