5

CHAPTER 5
|PLATFORM NINE AND THREE QUARTERS|

The scene shifted to a quaint little house that was situated somewhere in front of a large number of trees

The scene shifted to a quaint little house that was situated somewhere in front of a large number of trees. Two men walked forward through the trees with only their backs being shown. The angle changed and showed the pair to be a much older version of Remus Lupin who had a slight stubble and of Sirius Black with shorter hair.

“Think she’s really here?” Sirius asked.

“Over there.” Remus nodded to a female figure.

She had her back turned to them and was feeding a small vicious looking creature a piece of meat. It purred and whined for attention and the woman rubbed and scratched its neck. As Remus and Sirius got closer the creature began snarl and growl at their presence.

The woman turned around and showed her face to be Cathy. Her hair was slightly red and tied to the side. She looked surprised at the arrival of the two.

“Hush little one.” She gently told the creature as she walked towards Sirius and Remus.

“Cathy.” Remus greeted.

“Hey.” She said. “What are you doing here? Not that I mind or anything?”

“We here on official auror business.” Remus answered.

“Did I do something wrong?” The witch asked.

“No, we just need to ask you where you were between ten and midnight two days ago.” Remus said.

“I was here. Taking care of the little Graphorn.”

“What are you doing here?” Sirius asked. “I thought that you were in Amelia Bones’ secret  taskforce that does whatever it is that you do.”

Cathy nodded. “It’s not a full-time thing that requires a consistent attendance. I go when I’m needed. I stay here when I’m not.”

“And in your spare time you look after whatever little Graphorns’ is?” Remus nodded to the creature that had walked over to a tree and placed its head on its paws while watching them.

“Everyone’s so focused on the war they’ve neglected the magical creatures that live in this world. I take them in, help them if their injured or sick and then help relocate them before they wreak havoc in the Wizard or Muggle world.” Cathy explained.

“Seems like a lot of work for one person.” Remus noted.

“I manage.” Cathy said. “Amelia Bones hooked me up with a magizoologist called Newt Scamander. He helps a bit from time to time.”

“Can he vouch for your whereabouts two nights ago?”

Cathy looked at the two strangely. “Is there something I’m being accused of here?”