10

CHAPTER 10
|THE TROLL|

After that scene, Regulus composed himself, in spite of his mothers’ stares and his friends teasing

After that scene, Regulus composed himself, in spite of his mothers’ stares and his friends teasing. The other things he tried to ignore were the looks and glares being shot at him from Sirius and James.

“I'm telling you, it's spooky.” Ron told Harry as they along with Ryan and Hermione walked up the stairs to the Gryffindor common room. “She knows more about you than you do.”

“Who doesn't?” Harry pointed out.

Without warning the staircase they were walking up shifted and moved. The four of them gripped the bannisters. “What's happening?” Ron said in a scared voice.

“Relax the staircases change, remember?” Ryan reminded him.

“Don’t you hate when that happens?” Remus said. “Especially when you’re already late for class.

When the staircase stopped the four of them looked up at where they were placed.

“Let's go this way.” Harry suggested.

“Before the staircase moves again.” Ron nodded.

The four of them climbed up the stairs and ended up in a corridor that none of them recognized. As they walked around Ron spotted a grotesque statue completely covered in cob webs.

“Isn’t that the third floor?” Cathy asked.

“Yes, it is.” Regulus nodded.

“Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?” Ron asked.

“We're not supposed to be here.” Hermione realized. “This is the third floor. It's forbidden.”

Flich’s familiar Mrs. Norris came into the room behind the first years and one of the torches in the corridor lit alight with fire.

“Oh, that damn cat.” James groaned. Filch looked at the head boy with a death glare.

“Let's go.” Harry said. When they turned around they found themselves facing Mrs. Norris who snarled and hissed at them.

“It's Filch's damn cat!” Ryan exclaimed.

“Run!” Harry said. Without needing to be told twice the four of them took off running down the corridor. As they moved more and more torches became lit.

“Oh, that’s not working.” Regulus commented.

“This is not working.” Ryan said as he saw the corridor getting brighter and brighter.

“Quick, let's hide through that door!” Harry pointed to the door at the end of the corridor.

 The four of them got to the door and found it locked.

“This is it!” Ron moaned, as they pushed helplessly at the door, “We’re done for! This is the end!”

They could hear footsteps, Filch running as fast as he could to Mrs. Norris’ loud animal noises.