8

CHAPTER 8
|SEEKER|

The scene opened up with an adult James and Peter walking along the Ministry in tow with Moody, Dumbledore and Shacklebolt

The scene opened up with an adult James and Peter walking along the Ministry in tow with Moody, Dumbledore and Shacklebolt. The group were walking around and an Auror walked over to them.

“Anything?” Moody asked him.

“We’re still looking sir.” The Auror said before nodding to the rest of them and walking off.

“How can we be sure it’s her?” James questioned. “I mean all the evidence that we have is purely circumstantial.”

“That’s right.” Cathy nodded.

“Still. Right now, she’s the only lead we have.” Dumbledore said.

“James.” The wizard turned to see a red-head walking over to them accompanied by Marlene McKinnon.

“Lily.” James greeted her.

“Lily-flower!’ James cheered.

“Oh. Lily, Marlene you guys look great.” Dorcas said.

“Thanks.” Marlene said as they watched.

“I heard about what happened to Sirius and Remus.”

“Any chance you managed to turn them back?” Marlene asked.

“No.” Moody said. “Do either of you know where Catherine Potter is?”

Lily and Marlene looked at each other and had a strange look.

“What was that?’ Sirius enquired.

“What? What is it?” James asked.

“We had a call from St. Mungo’s an hour ago.” Lily began. “When we got there, they told us that someone had broken into their medical records.”

“When we checked their sign-in logs everyone was accounted for.” Marlene said. “So, we checked their visitor logs and saw that Cathy was there during the break-in but she didn’t sign out.”

“What was Cathy doing at the hospital?’ James questioned. “Who was she visiting?”

“Walburga Black.” Lily answer surprising James. “And according to the logs she’s been visiting almost every day for over a year.”

“What?” The Black matriarch sputtered out in shock.

Everyone else looked equally confused by the fact that Cathy had interacted with Walburga Black.

“What are you doing with Sirius’ mum?” James questioned.

“Hell if I know.” Cathy shrugged.

“This is starting to look really bad for Cathy.” Peter said. “First Sirius’ brother and now his mum.”

“What the hell is she doing?” James murmured.