50

CHAPTER 50
|THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS|

The scene moved ahead to Harry, Neville, Ryan and Ron all sliding down the tunnel

"Aaah!" Neville, Harry and Ron yelled as they went down.

"Weee!" Ryan giggled as he if he was just going down a playground slide.

"You can't sit there and tell us that you think this is normal." James told his sister.

"Your son heard voices in his head talking about murder and he didn't tell an adult. Do you think that was normal?" Cathy questioned.

James pondered on this for a while. "Point taken."

Harry was the first to reach the end of the tunnel followed by Ryan and then Neville and Ron respectively.
The boys immediately got up to their feet and pointed their wands at Lockhart who was dusting the dirt off his clothing.

"Ugh!" Ron said in disgust at the sight and smell of all the bones and filth that they were standing on.

"Nasty." Walburga said in disgust.

"Let's get a move on." Ryan said as he pulled some fish bones out of hair. "Yuck!"

The boys and Lockhart walked forward and as they moved further and further away from the smell of the decaying skeletons, their hearts started to beat fast and loud in their ears.
"Now remember, any sign of movement, close your eyes straightaway." Harry warned them.
"Go on." Ron commanded Lockhart with his badly taped wand.
"This way." Harry said directing them further and further in,

As they walked futher in they came across something rather starnge looking.
"What’s this?" Ron questioned.
"It looks like a... snake." Lockhart said.
"It’s a snakeskin." Harry corrected.

"Fuckin' hell." Sirius cursed.

Ryan immediately knelt down and looked at the snake skin curiously. He looked at the entire length and a grim expression came to his face.

"This isn't good." Ryan said.

"What do you mean?" Neville enquired.

"My mum told me that creatures like snakes shed their skins for one of two reasons." Ryan informed them. "One is if their skin gets damaged and two is if..."

"Is if what?" Harry pressed him for an answer. "What's the other reason?"

Ryan gulped. "The other reason is that the snake has out grown the skin."

The boys all took another look at the shedded skin and tried to estimate its length.

"Is he saying that the Basilisk is bigger than that?" Mary questioned in bewilderment.
"Bloody hell." Ron cursed. "Whatever shed this must be sixty feet long...or more!"