Comradery

Amara fidgeted nervously behind the curtains of the stage

She could hear thousands of fans screaming her name as her opening band finished their last song.

Her mother walked over and held her hand, squeezing tightly.

"You're going to do great," she said. Amara nodded and focused on her thoughts.

She knew these songs by heart, and Celeste made sure the concerts went off without a hitch so why was she so nervous?

She loved her music.

Breathe.

Just breathe.

Finnick popped into her mind in that moment.

She found it odd that he had been doing so more and more over the last few months. The concert marked three months until the reaping. She would be able to see him again after that, and she was so excited.

She was suddenly looking forward to the games in a way she hadn't before. She suddenly had tributes to really root for. She was always going to root for Finnick.

She thought of their meeting under the table. It was such a short interaction, but one that she was already so excited about. How had her imagination done so much with that small moment? He was always on her mind.

She never heard anything from him about the flower, but she wasn't expecting too. She knew his train left to take him back to Four as soon that morning. She was hoping he didn't think she was odd for giving him that rose.

The lights began to dim and she was ushered onto the platform.

Breathe.

In.

Out.

Breathe.

Think about Finnick.

The lights came up and she began to sing.

**

She was amazing.

Finnick was not ashamed to admit that as soon as the clips of her performance began appearing, he watched every single one. He also watched every interview in the following week she had with Caesar.

No wonder Iris was obsessed with her. Her music had a way of pulling him in and having him beg for more.

Mags noticed, but kept it to herself. Finnick pretended not to see the sly smiles she sent when he casually turned on the TV and said "Oh hey, Amara is on."

Having access to this kind of money and technology was still weird for him. He was so connected with the Capitol that sometimes he felt himself get pulled in to their drama.

One of the biggest adjustments of being back from the games was that his life had to continue. He couldn't spend his life sitting around and watching TV. He was still a kid. He still attended classes at the academy he grew up in. He took most of the year off, but regretted it when he got back from his tour only to have no idea what they were talking about.