President's Summons

As agreed, Amara and Finnick once again spent their time watching the games together

As agreed, Amara and Finnick once again spent their time watching the games together. Finnick had to step out a few times when his tributes were sent gifts, but they were otherwise glued to one another.

Unlike the year prior, however, Amara chose to go to his apartment. She hadn't told her parents or Jade how she was feeling, but she was avoiding Celeste at all costs. She needed a few days to figure out how to be herself again. It didn't help that she has no clue who that was.

After spending the first night with Finnick, she found that she rather liked his morning routine. Mags was delightful, and she understood why Finnick saw the woman as a motherly figure. Her pancakes were to die for.

Though Mags didn't know Amara, when she trudged out that first morning with her face puffy, Mags walked up to her and pulled her into the most loving hug Amara had ever experienced.

She sent a message to her parents telling them she was fine before spending the next week on Finnick's couch. She exclusively wore his oversized clothing, and felt more at home in that apartment than she ever had back at her place.

Both Four tributes made it past the blood bath, and even made it most of the week. They did ally themselves with the rest of the Career pack, but One and Two turned on them quickly. Janera was killed first by the girl from Two.

Holden made it a day longer, killing the girl from Twelve and the boy from Eight before he was found by the girl from Two. At the end of the day, it was just the career pack remaining.

Eventually, the final tributes were both from One. Finnick knew Cashmere would be proud. No matter what happened, District One would bring home another win.

The two found themselves in the Cornucopia with swords in hand, slicing and jabbing at each other. They were both desperate to go home, but they were friends. They knew each other.

It was because of this that when the girl, Brenna, sliced the sword down the boy, Augustus', chest, she turned and slowly backed away, horror on her face. They both knew she had been lacing her sword with poison.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I have to go home, but I can't watch you die."

And she turned and ran. The wound was deep, and it would take a special medicine to heal it, but it wasn't something he had time for. He was going to die, and he knew it.

He gasped in pain and slowly backed himself into a tree, sliding down it, and using his weight for support.

He looked up at the camera, which he knew would be zoomed in on his face.

"I know I'm going to die," he said, and the world leaned forward. "I have a message for my sister. I know you're watching, and I'm so sorry you have to see this. Know that I love you desperately, and I wish that I could watch you grow up more than anything in the world. I made a deal with Jack that he'll take care of you if I die. I love you, and I..."