Ezra Xyer

"Daddy?" a four-year-old Amara walked out late one evening

"Daddy?" a four-year-old Amara walked out late one evening. Edwin looked up from his desk to see his little girl standing in the doorway. Amara was bleary-eyed and holding onto a small bunny she never slept without. Her onesie was disheveled, and it was clear she had just woken up from a nightmare.

Edwin held out his arms and Amara pulled herself into his lap, curling into his chest. Her dad had always been the one that truly felt like home to her. She was her daddy's little girl. Astrid peaked around the corner to see the two of them snuggling together, and smiled softly as she quietly backed away.

"Why are you working? It's past your bedtime," Amara yawned.

"I have to work to make money," he said. "And one day, you'll take over everything I'm working on."

"Why?" Amara asked, looking up at him.

"You're my daughter," he said, leaning down and nuzzling his nose against hers. Amara giggled. "My little heiress."

**

The Capitol was abuzz with the identity of the heiress.

It seemed the majority of the people were rooting for Ezra to win, and the gift came at the perfect time. The Heiress saved Ezra's life, and they were all ecstatic about it.

It was brought up in Ezra's coronation interview because Caesar was eager to know everything Ezra knew, which was unfortunately nothing. What did throw everyone into a frenzy was that Ezra kept the note.

He pulled it out of his pocket during the interview, and Caesar almost fainted when he held it in his own hands.

"Is this really the note?" he gasped, and Ezra nodded.

"I have no idea who sent it," he said. "But whoever the heiress is, I would want to say thank you. She saved my life. I wouldn't be standing here without her."

Amara stood in front of the screen, watching Caesar's interview as Jade prepared getting her dolled up for the official crowning ceremony that was set to take place that evening. Jade shook her head.

"He has no idea how lucky he is," she said. "That parachute woke him up. Ace would have killed him in his sleep without it."

"It really was perfect timing," Amara agreed, glancing at her father out of the corner of her eye. He didn't notice. In fact, it was to Amara's luck that he didn't notice the connection between the mystery woman and her old nickname.

"Done!" Jade jumped back to admire her work of creation. Amara grinned as she studied her appearance in the mirror.

"You really outdid yourself," she said, spinning around. The dress was a navy blue and was accented with the streaks of silver. Jade carefully placed Finnick's necklace around Amara's neck, trying her best not to smirk when she did so.