70th Hunger Games

Just this once

Just this once.

Just this once.

Just this once.

It echoed through Amara's head as Finnick pressed his lips to hers.

He completely consumed her with one kiss. His lips were warm and welcoming, and she felt heat spark at her core and move through every cell of her body.

She was on fire, and her body tingled everywhere his hands went. He moved them from her jaw to her hair, angling her head so that he could deepen the kiss.

Just this once.

A promise.

And they were going to make it count.

Every caress of his lips against hers was seared into her memory.

She was completely enamored by him.

She was completely in love with him.

His hands were in her hair in one moment, and then they were around her waist. He pulled them up until they were kneeling in front of each other.

He pulled away slightly, and she shook her head. This couldn't be over. If this was their once chance, why was it over?

He smiled down at her, and it wasn't the smirk she'd seen so many times for the cameras, it was a real smile. He was her Finnick. He wasn't the Capitol sweetheart. He was hers. This was for them.

He leaned his forehead against hers and smiled softly. She reached out and intertwined their fingers together.

"Amara," he whispered.

"No," she said.

"I--"

"Stop talking."

"But--"

"Why are you still talking?"

And she angled her head up and kissed him again. She kissed him softly. Tenderly. It seemed like it didn't matter the different ways Finnick could kiss her. All of them made her feel warm inside.

Finnick slid his hands out of her hair, down her neck, down her arms, and intertwined his fingers with hers. It was a wholesome move, and one that made her cheeks burn.

He tasted like the sea. He was the power of the waves crashing against the beach. He was the warmth of the sun. He was the salt of the air.

In one movement, he slowly pressed her back down into the bed. She flopped back with a laugh, and he took advantage of her open mouth to deepen the kiss even more. He consumed her. He consumed her mouth, her thoughts, and lit a fire so deep inside of her that all she wanted to do was be as close as she could.

All she wanted was him.

It was a leisurely kiss. He would speed it up and then slow it down, taking his time to explore her mouth. She could get used to all the kisses of Finnick Odair, and it seemed they were trying to give and take as much as they could from one another before it was over.