Winning Amara

Amara howled with laughter as she stared down at the two glass necklaces that had been made

Amara howled with laughter as she stared down at the two glass necklaces that had been made. In an effort to keep the decision as neutral as possible, Mags had taken both Finnick's and Adrien's designs and swapped them behind her back before presenting them to Amara.

They were both looking at her tensely as she stared down at them.

"Is there a rubric?" Corinne asked. "What exactly are you judging them on?"

"Which one is prettier," the boys said in unison.

Amara placed the two necklaces side by side as she studied them. The one on the right was in the shape of a tear drop with four tiny blue flowers pressed into it. The necklace on the left was an actual flower. It was a daisy made of glass. It had been intricately designed, and it was clear that both necklaces had been designed with love and care.

She looked back and forth between them, and it seemed that everyone held their breath.

She pointed to the teardrop necklace, and Finnick jumped for joy. Adrien groaned, and flopped back in his seat. Amara paid her cheerful friend no attention, however, and turned back to Adrien.

"Are daisies Annie's favorite flower?" she asked. Adrien grinned and nodded. He rolled his eyes as he looked at Finnick. Corinne and Mags were snickering between the two of them.

"I'm not entirely sure how impartial the judging was," Corinne said. Finnick paused and looked over at her, his eyes narrowed.

"What does that mean?" he asked slowly. Corinne just shrugged.

"Well, Finnick knows exactly what Amara likes, right?" she asked. "So he would know how to design a necklace that she would choose."

"I would have chosen Adrien's," Mags said, and Corinne nodded in agreement. This time, it was Adrien jumping around and whooping while Finnick just shook his head.

"Amara was our judge," Finnick said. "I still won."

Mags, Amara, and Corinne watched as the two began loudly (and playfully) arguing over whose was better. Just as it looked like there might be a conclusion to their argument, a timer went off. Amara jumped up and turned it off, grabbing oven mitts and pulling their dinner out of the oven.

The room went silent as they all breathed in the scent of their food. Then, they all let out a sigh of contentment as they watched Amara bring it over to the table.

"It's mussels with harissa and basil," Amara said proudly. All four of her guests leaned in to savor the smell. She had to bite back a laugh. "I'm told that it is a delicacy in Four, and I thought you could use a hint of home."

Amara had never seen four people dig in faster. She was suddenly thrilled that she happened to be cooking a second dish. She wasn't sure what they would do when they found out about the lobster thermidor, but she was watching them inhale their food like none of them would be eating soon.