Twenty Days

"It's been too long," Jade said when Amara walked in

"It's been too long," Jade said when Amara walked in. She was grinning and rubbing her belly, something Amara guessed was probably turning into a habit.

"I'm sorry," Amara said, placing a boquet of flowers on the table. Jade sat up slightly.

"Where on earth did you get those?" she asked, but Amara just shrugged and winked.

"I can't give away all my secrets, can I?" she asked. It was Effie. She didn't ask questions.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Jade asked, and Amara plopped down in her chair.

"I just wanted to see you," Amara said, and Jade narrowed her eyes.

"No you didn't," she said. "You have an ulterior motive."

Amara's jaw dropped. "Am I not allowed to check in with my friend of nearly a decade?"

Jade snorted and crossed her arms over her chest as she scanned Amara head to toe and back again.

"You can, but you haven't, and I'm insulted that you're going to act all indignant that I called you out. So, just tell me and we can move on."

"Fine," Amara pouted. "I need a favor from you."

"Please tell me you're giving me something to do. I'm starting to grow very bored in here and am ready to make my escape."

"Annie wants to know if you'd be willing to make her wedding dress," she said. There was a moment of silence before Jade's face split into a grin.

"In return for one thing," she said, leaning forward. Amara nodded.

"Please talk to a healer and get me out of here. I'm starting to go nuts."

Amara laughed and nodded. "I'll see what I can do."

Jade happily leaned back in her bed.

"Then I'd be honored."

**

"Are you sure he's ready for this?" Thames asked as the three monitored Peeta's brain activity again.

"For the last time, yes," Elroy groaned. "All of his scans have been improving and he responded well to both Finnick and Gale. We all agreed Prim would be the next step."

"Besides, we're dealing with everyone breathing down our necks," Amara pointed out. "Coin and Plutarch want him for propos, and he needs to not to want to kill Katniss."

"Not to mention Plutarch already told Katniss this was happening today," Elroy added awkwardly, and both Thames and Amara whirled around to stare at him with looks of horror on their faces.

"You didn't mention that," Amara pointed out, and Elroy winced.

"It slipped my mind. I overheard the two talking about it. She wants to be here to watch."