The Heiress

Everyone stared at Amara, open-mouthed

Everyone stared at Amara, open-mouthed. Coin looked horrified at the thought, and with a wave of her hand, Amara's hands were released. She glared at the man and rubbed her wrists.

Finnick knew he should be shocked that Amara was the Heiress. It seemed that even after a decade of friendship, there were still things about her that surprised him. However, as his mind raced back through the years, it made sense.

Annie. Adrien. Katniss. Peeta. Johanna. Ezra.

She'd chosen victors for years. Other than him, every victor in that room was alive because of her.

"You saved my life," Ezra breathed. Everyone turned to look at him. He was standing, holding tightly onto a nurse's hand to do so.

"Oh my," Annie gasped, covering her hand with her mouth as she absorbed this information.

"Amara," Adrien whispered, as if he couldn't believe it.

It seemed none of them could believe it.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Finnick asked.

"I asked her not to," Plutarch said. "The work she's been doing for the rebellion has been highly classified."

"But you've been the Heiress since we met," Finnick said. "We tell each other everything."

"It was this side of me I kept secret from everyone," she said quietly. "And I never wanted you to look at me like you looked at them."

"Them?" Finnick asked.

"The Elite," she shrugged. "The people that pay so much money in the games that its ridiculous. The people you always hated. I never wanted you to see me as apart of them."

Finnick gently grabbed Amara's waist and tugged her to him. He leaned his forehead against hers and smiled.

"You've done so many amazing things as the Heiress, and you saved the life of every victor here--"

"Not you," she pointed out, and he chuckled.

"You saved me more times than I could ever imagine," he said. "You saved me with every smile and every laugh. You saved me with your friendship. You saved me by loving me. You saved all of us, and I've never been more proud of you."

She melted when Finnick kissed her. She didn't care that everyone around them was watching. All she wanted was him. He was warm. He was comforting. He was proud of her. He was home.

When they pulled apart-- far too soon for either of their liking-- Annie pulled her into her arms next. Ezra tugged on her next, and soon, everyone was piling in to hold her through tears and hugs. Even Coin looked down at the group of victors- the people in the world that had been most hurt by the horrors of the Capitol. She smiled softly.

"Take it easy tonight," she told Amara when the group separated. "I expect a debrief at 0800."

Amara nodded, collapsing into Finnick's arms once more.