Necklace Swap

"So tell me, Vixen, what has it been like training under Finnick Odair?" Caesar asked

"So tell me, Vixen, what has it been like training under Finnick Odair?" Caesar asked. Finnick and Mags exchanged a worried look, wondering what the girl would say.

"Devin and I decided we didn't need his help," Vixen boasted. "We're older and have gotten more training than him so we're not sure what he would bring to the table. We're confident we can do this without him."

No one in the crowd responded, and they glanced awkwardly at one another. Caesar also didn't seem to know what to say.

"I think I can speak for everyone when I saw we're all a little shocked. We love Finnick here. Are you telling us he hasn't tried to help you at all?" he asked, throwing her a bone to save herself, but Vixen only smirked.

"Oh he's tried, but we've ignored him. We're both determined to be the first victors to make it to the end without any sponsor or mentor help, so I guess we'll see who makes history."

"Well," Caesar laughed awkwardly, "thank you so much for joining us tonight. Vixen Raine everyone!"

There was a polite clap from the audience, and Finnick turned to see Devin watch with utter fear in his eyes. They both knew that Vixen just signed their death sentence, and not only did she not care, but she was proud of it.

"I can't do this," he muttered under his breath. Finnick turned to look at his tribute.

"Yes you can," he said. "All you need to do is go out there and do some crowd control. They may have just found out they will not be supporting Vixen, but there's still a chance they can fall in love with you."

Vixen smirked as she walked over to Finnick and Devin. Devin took a deep breath before walking on stage, waving to the crowd. Vixen smirked as she watched him attempt to charm the Capitol.

"I told you we wouldn't need your help," she said before turning on her heel and running right into the careers from One and Two. All four were staring down at her with distaste.

"You're out," the boy from One said.

"What?" Vixen snapped, clearly shocked and trying to hide it.

"We can't risk an alliance with you know that no one will support you guys. We need sponsors to win the games, and people won't spend their money when you don't want it. You and your partner are on your own."

It seemed poor Devin still didn't stand a chance. Vixen gaped as they walked away, and Finnick plastered on a smirk. He would help Devin if he had to, but she had no chance. She scowled when she turned back to him.

"Looks like you could've used sponsor and mentor help after all," he said. She let out a frustrated cry, stomped her foot on the ground, and then stormed out of the room.

"She'll be dead by day two," a voice said next to Finnick. He jumped, turning to look down at Amara White. She grinned and looked over at him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."