The Bloodbath

Finnick didn't want to wake Amara up when he left to get ready in the morning, but she heard him moving around

Finnick didn't want to wake Amara up when he left to get ready in the morning, but she heard him moving around. All it took was one look at him before she let out a sob and launched herself into his arms.

They both knew he could be dead by the end of the day. This moment could be the last time either of them saw each other.

It was a morning of kisses and hushed declarations of love before Iris showed up to escort him out.

As soon as he was gone, Amara let out a pained sob as she slid down the door. She could lose him today. That could have been it. She could never see him again.

**

When Finnick got to the arena, it was Haymitch that greeted him. He raised a brow at the man.

"Where's Adrien?" he asked, and Haymitch nodded to the door.

"Giving us a moment," he said.

"What can I do for you?" Finnick asked, and Haymitch held out a gold bracelet.

"I'm here to give you your token," he said. Finnick held up the necklace he wore around his neck. He knew it wasn't realistic to bring it into the arena, but he needed a small part of her with him.

"You'll see her again," Haymitch promised, and held out the bracelet. "Effie gave me this bracelet to unify us, Katniss, and Peeta. When Katniss sees it, she'll know she can trust you."

"I didn't think she wanted allies," Finnick said, but he took the bracelet anyway.

"She doesn't, but we both know if she's in that arena with no one but Peeta, they'll die quickly."

"I promised Amara I would do everything I can to bring us all home," he said, and Haymitch gave a nod of appreciation.

"Thank you," he said quietly before he stepped out of the room. Adrien stepped in before the door even closed.

Finnick fiddled with his necklace for a moment before taking it off. It felt cold now that it wasn't around his neck, and he felt like apart of him was missing. Adrien held out his hand and Finnick dropped the necklace in his palm.

"If something happens to me--"

"I'll make sure she gets it," Adrien promised. Finnick nodded. Leaving Amara would be his biggest regret. Their story wasn't supposed to be over. This was just the beginning, but he knew his death was a very real possibility.

"Take care of her," Finnick said quietly. "Please protect her."

Adrien just nodded.

"Sixty seconds." The voice echoed throughout the room. Finnick pulled Adrien in for a hug.

"I love you," Finnick muttered before pulling away. "You're the best brother I could have asked for."

"You could've been better," Adrien joked, and Finnick smiled at his attempt at humor.