The Night Before

The propo had been a complete success

The propo had been a complete success. Amara had one line to deliver, but she had delivered a speech so moving that she was worried that Plutarch might cry as he watched more money from Capitol elite pour into their accounts.

The speech had worked.

The Capitol was starting to turn on it's President.

It was a small number of very wealthy people, but they existed. They were a minority, for sure, but they were out there.

The rest of Amara's time had been committed to the wedding. The details had been finalized to the point of no return. Everything was ready. And the night before the wedding, Adrien and Annie had been separated.

Apparently there was a tradition in the Capitol where the men celebrated the groom before the wedding and the women celebrated the bride. So, in Annie and Amara's small apartment sat Annie, Amara, Jade, Effie, Johanna, Enobaria (she said yes to everyone's surprise), Prim, and Katniss.

It was a room that decided they were not going to worry about the war outside. They just wanted to celebrate the wedding and the long future that Adrien and Annie would have together.

"Have you guys talked about kids?" Prim asked, and Annie nodded.

"Yeah, we want three. Two boys and a girl," she gushed.

"Have you thought about names at all?" Prim asked, and Annie laughed. "I want to start a flower tradition in my family. I want daughters that I can name Lily, Poppy, Ivy--"

"And if you have boys?" Katniss prods, but Prim just shrugs. "Then my husband can name them."

"I can't believe it's a totally normal conversation to talk about mine and Adrien's future kids without it being weird," Annie said. "We're going to have very red-haired babies."

"That's true," Amara agreed. "And you'll definitely have more than three. I'm calling it now."

"Have you thought about what you'd want to name them?" Jade asked curiously.

"Not really," Annie said before a smile slowly crossed her face. "Although, if I had a boy, I'd love to name him--"

A knock on the door interrupted the conversation. The room went silent as Annie was hidden by all the woman in the room. After all, it was bad luck to see the bride.

Amara was the one to answer the door, and she sighed in relief when she just saw Finnick.

"It's safe," she called behind her. "It's just Finnick. I'll be back in a moment."

She slid out the door and heard the chatter of the women fill the room again before the door closed behind her, and the noise died.

"Is everything okay?" she asked. "Adrien hasn't gotten cold feet, has he?"

"No!" Finnick immediately assured her. "Adrien has been ready to marry that girl for too long. No, he's very occupied with Ezra, Gale, Haymitch, and Beetee right now. I just wanted to see you."