Deals and Delinquencies

The moment Amara was back in her apartment, she announced that she was tired from the day's events and wished to catch up on her beauty sleep before her next big concert in three days

Celeste immediatly agreed, and promised to send a prep team over tomorrow morning to make sure she was on top of her complexion.

"Image is everything, my dear," Celeste said as she patted Amara on the head and flaunted away.

Amara simply rolled her eyes when the door was closed and pulled up her tablet.

Sure enough, she watched as Peeta's dot moved from place to place. It seemed the chip she put on him was working.

Soon, she would know exactly where Peeta and the other victors were being held.

**

The next time Finnick saw Katniss, he and the rest of Thirteen were brought into a very large room where Coin usually held big announcements. Adrien stood at his side as they watched the president take the stage.

"Good afternoon," Coin said. "Thank you for interuptting your schedules. They've already been adjusted to compensate. I am pleased to announce Katniss Everdeen has consented to be the face of cause: to help unite the districts against the Capitol. In exchange, I have promised several concessions. First, we'll assess all oppurtunities for the extraction of the victors held hostage in the Capitol: Peeta Mellark, Johanna Mason, Ezra Xyer--"

"Finnick, I made the deal for Annie too," Katniss said, appearing next to them both.

"--and Annie Cresta." Finnick wasn't sure he was able to breathe. Adrien felt himself choke on his own breath. "Once freed, they will be granted full pardon for any and all crimes committed against the rebel cause."

Adrien yanked Katniss into a hug. "Thank you," he breathed, and she relaxed into his arms slightly, holding him tightly. She couldn't remember the last time someone held her like this.

"Good," Finnick said, pulling her attention away from Adrien and Coin. "That's good, Katniss."

It was something all three of them needed to hear-- they had hope. Katniss was offering all of them hope.

"If Katniss Everdeen fails to fulfill her duties, the deal will be off." Coin seemed to look directly at Katniss as she said that. "Thank you for your attention. You may resume your daily schedules."

Finnick and Adrien focused their attention on Katniss as everyone around them began to move.

"Thank you," Adrien repeated. "Please do whatever you have to to get them back."

Finnick cracked a smile, and Katniss wondered if it was the first one he'd had since they were rescued from the Quell.

"He still needs to put a second ring on her finger," he said. Adrien chuckled, and shoved his friend in the side, which immediately earned him a glare from all the healers around them.