Hopeful and Hopeless

"I can't believe him," Annie scowled as she walked around the kitchen table

"I can't believe him," Annie scowled as she walked around the kitchen table. Finnick had just recounted the entire story of the last few days to both her and Adrien.

"I can believe her though," Adrien admitted, and Annie nodded.

"I think we all understand her. From her perspective, all Finnick wants to do is meet up with other women and then go home to her. Of course she feels completely betrayed."

It was a sentiment that had plagued Finnick's mind for the last few days.

He was losing her. He knew he was.

She had kicked him out of her apartment. She told him she needed space to get over him. When she did, there was no boyfriend in the world who would be okay with their friendship.

The easiest solution would be to throw caution to the wind and hope Snow never found out. They could be together, but it was too high of a risk. At the end of the day, she was the one thing he wouldn't bargain. Perhaps this is what love was- giving up his heart so that hers could beat.

Finnick was breaking.

Amara had been his best friend for the last ten years. If he didn't have her in his life, what was he doing?

"How do I get her back?" Finnick asked, but Adrien just shook his head.

"The only thing you could do is tell her the truth," Adrien said, but Finnick shook his head.

"What if you left Panem," Annie suggested quietly. Finnick raised his head from his hands.

"What?"

"What if you and Amara went somewhere else to start a life together; somewhere Snow wasn't."

"And leave him to punish all of you for it?" Finnick shook his head.

"We could come," Adrien said. "The three of us, we could all come."

"Where would we go?" Finnick asked.

There was a moment of silence. What was there but Panem? The war had decimated everything. There wasn't anything left.

"The world might be in ruins, but if we went far enough, we could find something," Annie said. "There must be something else out there."

"What about District Thirteen?" Adrien suggested.

"It was demolished," Finnick said. "It's rubble now."

"What if we just packed a boat and left? What if we started sailing and didn't stop until we found land?"

Finnick paused. It could work. The only peace they would get would be if they were far from here.

"How do we get her here?"

"The victory tour," Adrien suggested. "Convince her to join Katniss on the victory tour, and when she gets here, we can all leave."

"Do you think she would do it?" Adrien asked.