Liberation

Finnick couldn't stop tying knots

Finnick couldn't stop tying knots. He and Adrien sat with Katniss as they waited. And waited. And waited.

Their eyes were dry. There were no more tears to spill. When the door opened, the both looked up to see Haymitch.

"They're back."

And then they were running as fast as they could to the hospital wing. The first person Katniss saw was Johanna, and they all run over. Johanna smirked at all of them as Katniss breathed her name like she can't believe she's alive.

There was a flurry of movement, and it sounded like someone was struggling.

"Adrien!" They all turned to see Annie Cresta ripping off the wires and tools the doctors were using to measure her vitals.

"Annie?" Finnick asked, but Adrien was already running toward her.

"Annie!" And then they collided. She was in his arms and he kept muttering that she was safe as he pulled her close and pressed his lips to hers.

Finnick grinned as he watched them. They were together again. They were safe. He wasn't sure the three of them would ever be the same, but they were.

His attention was quickly snagged again as more healers and soldiers were moving around trying to help the new victors.

"Finnick!" Ezra called out, and Finnickw whirled around to see the blonde boy he'd grown so far of. He jogged over and looked to Prim, who was glancing at his vitals. "How is he?"

"We'll need to keep him for a few days," she told him. "He's dehydrated and has been badly beaten. The doctor will want to check for internal bleeding."

But his friends have been reunited. They're all here. Johanna was yelling at doctors, Annie didn't look like she was letting go of Adrien anytime soon, and Ezra was going to be okay.

This is what they'd been working for since the beginning of the Quell. This was the goal when all those victors gathered in Amara's apartment to plan a way for everyone to escape. This was what they'd been fighting for for the last few months.

"Finnick!" Annie called out his name, as she detached herself from Adrien and the two walked over. Annie launched herself into his arms, and Ezra chuckled to himself. When she de-tangled herself, she reached out and squeezed Ezra's hand. "How are you feeling?"

"A bit beaten up, but I'll manage."

"You two know each other?" Adrien asked, and Annie nodded.

"We had cells next to one another. He managed to talk me down from quite a few panic attacks."

Adrien reached out and grasped Ezra's hand in a "thank you" handshake. The two gave each other a nod of respect.

"You have an incredible woman there," he said, "maybe it's time to put a second ring on her finger."